Trump:will accept 600k Chinese students as part of tradedeal

Trump says US will accept 600,000 Chinese students as part of trade deal

President Donald Trump announced the United States is prepared to accept up to 600,000 Chinese students as part of a trade deal his administration is trying to strike with China.

"We're going to allow, it's very important, 600,000 students," Trump told reporters Monday at the White House. "We're going to get along with China. But it's a different relationship that we have now with China."

Trump made the announcement ahead of a bilateral meeting with South Korean President Lee Jae Myung after he was asked when he would sit down with Chinese President Xi Jinping.

"I'd like to meet him this year. President Xi would like me to come to China," he said. "We're taking a lot of money in from China because of the tariffs and different things.… It's a much better relationship economically than it was before with [former President Joe] Biden. I mean, they just took him to the cleaners."

The Trump administration has clamped down on the number of student visa holders, with Secretary of State Marco Rubio promising in May to "aggressively" revoke the visas of Chinese students, suggesting that suspected connections to the Chinese Communist Party would be one criterion.

Trump in June previewed the U.S.'s acceptance of Chinese students but did not provide details regarding the number. It is unclear what window Trump would set for admissions. As of last year, more than 270,000 Chinese students were enrolled at U.S. universities.

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!