it’s spurring high-roller donors to flock to his cause

來源: bustout 2024-06-01 18:12:26 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2674 bytes)

https://nypost.com/2024/06/01/business/donald-trumps-conviction-isnt-scaring-off-voters-its-spurring-high-roller-donors-to-flock-to-his-cause/?utm_campaign=iphone_nyp&utm_source=pasteboard_app

I can’t tell you if Donald Trump will spend a day in jail after a Manhattan jury’s guilty verdict in that absurd hush-money case. What I can report with a great degree of certainty is that Trump isn’t a guy acting particularly worried about the outcome; in fact, he thinks it’s going to propel him back into the White House.

That’s the read I’m getting from members of the billionaire and multimillionaire GOP donor class who were hanging with the former and possibly future president, now a convicted felon, at an Upper East Side residence just hours after the perversion of the justice system Thursday.

Among the deep-pocketed group of about two dozen — some who were initially reluctant to support Trump for many reasons, including the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol Hill fiasco — were private equity honcho Steve Schwarzman; real estate titan Steve Witkoff; Jeff Sprecher, the CEO of the Intercontinental Exchange that controls the NYSE; his wife, the former Georgia Sen. Kelly Loeffler; NFL New York Jets owner Woody Johnson; Jacob Helberg of Palantir; John Catsimatidis, the supermarket and media entrepreneur; and hedge fund billionaire John Paulson.

They met at the behest of Pepe Fanjul, the South Florida real estate and sugar magnate who owns the swanky venue.

I am told that Trump, with his son Eric, arrived a little late (for obvious reasons) — not with a scowl but a smile. He began by cracking jokes to his guests about what just went down in that lower Manhattan courtroom and then got down to business about how he plans to reverse the corrosive elements of Bidenism when he gets re-elected.

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”