Trump now raging against Youngkin:his name ‘sounds Chinese’

來源: 桃花依舊笑豬瘋 2023-05-25 04:52:45 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (32411 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 桃花依舊笑豬瘋 ] 在 2023-05-25 04:53:12 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Trump now raging against Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin, bizarrely says his name ‘sounds Chinese’

ZT)WASHINGTON – Former President Donald Trump ranted Friday against Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin, saying his last name “Sounds Chinese” and claiming the governor “couldn’t have won without me” last year.

“Young Kin (now that’s an interesting take. Sounds Chinese, doesn’t it?) in Virginia couldn’t have won without me,” the 45th president said in a series of posts on Truth Social. “I Endorsed him, did a very big Trump Rally for him telephonically, got MAGA to Vote for him – or he couldn’t have come close to winning.

“But he knows that and admits it. Besides, having a hard time with the Dems in Virginia – But he’ll get it done,” Trump added.

While Trump called into a phone rally for Youngkin during the governor’s campaign, he never physically came to Virginia to stump for him. Youngkin narrowly upset Democrat Terry McAuliffe in the commonwealth’s gubernatorial race, a win many political pundits attributed to Youngkin successfully keeping Trump at arm’s length.

When asked for a response Friday, Youngkin said Trump’s insults were “not the way I roll and not the way I behave.”

“I really work hard to bring people together and that’s what we’re working on,” the Virginia governor said. “I think, again, this is a moment for us to come together as a nation.”

A picture of Donald Trump.
Donald Trump was seen speaking to the media at Mar-a-Lago on Election Day.
AP

It’s not the first time the former president slammed members of his own party with racial remarks. On Sept. 20, Trump called his former Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao – wife of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) – “China-loving … Coco Chow,” a remark many considered racist.

Friday’s bizarre statement followed a Thursday broadside from Trump aimed at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis ahead of the real estate mogul’s expected announcement on Nov. 15 that he will run for the White House in 2024. 

“Now that the Election in Florida is over, and everything went quite well, shouldn’t it be said that in 2020, I got 1.1 Million more votes in Florida than Ron D got this year, 5.7 Million to 4.6 Million? Just asking?”

1of3
A picture of Republican Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin.
Trump claimed that Republican Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin “couldn’t have won without me” last year.
Getty Images
The former president went on a rant about Republican Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin on social media.
The former president went on a rant about Gov. Youngkin on social media.
Advertisement

While the statement is technically true, about 3.3 million more Floridians cast ballots in 2020 than in 2022, a trend commonly seen in presidential election. DeSantis also secured a greater percentage of the Florida vote in 2022 than Trump did in 2020, with the governor winning reelection by 19.4% over Democrat Charlie Crist. By contrast, Trump edged President Biden by 3.3% in the Sunshine State.

Hours later, Trump accused the Florida governor of “playing games” about his own potential 2024 run, calling him “Ron DeSanctimonious.”

“The Fake News asks him if he’s going to run if President Trump runs, and he says, ‘I’m only focused on the Governor’s race, I’m not looking into the future.’” Trump said. “Well, in terms of loyalty and class, that’s really not the right answer…”

As with Youngkin’s win, Trump also took credit for DeSantis’ 2018 election success, claiming he “sent in the FBI and U.S. Attorneys” to “fix” his campaign in a Thursday post to Truth Social.

“Ron came to me in desperate shape in 2017—he was politically dead, losing in a landslide to a very good Agriculture Commissioner, Adam Putnam, who was loaded up with cash and great poll numbers,” Trump said. “Ron had low approval, bad polls, and no money, but he said that if I would Endorse him, he could win. I didn’t know Adam so I said, ‘Let’s give it a shot, Ron.’”

“…it was as though, to use a bad term, a nuclear weapon went off,” he added.

所有跟帖: 

Low王無下限 -Riskart- 給 Riskart 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/25/2023 postreply 05:36:35

so what? -密碼忘記了- 給 密碼忘記了 發送悄悄話 (58 bytes) () 05/25/2023 postreply 05:46:22

這種人比一般的政客更加沒有底線。 -dakinglaile- 給 dakinglaile 發送悄悄話 dakinglaile 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/25/2023 postreply 07:45:51

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”