看了你那個連接,最後兩段很同感。就是關於目的、回報、反饋的。

下麵兩段的兩個例子我很感興趣,也琢磨過不少。實際上,即使佛教裏,也遇到類似問題,可以說是普遍心理問題。

1. Many of our friends who followed their passion with no economic plan ended up out of the workforce for years. One woman, an aspiring screenwriter who left teaching and film school to stay at home with her children, said she’d never received any guidance beyond following her bliss. “One of the biggest things you need to realize as an artist is you have two lives you need to lead. One that can economically support you, and one where you’re following your passion. My mother was a huge supporter of my passion. She is a true believer in following your dreams. But I needed someone who could say, ‘This is what’s going to be required of you for your art, and this is what’s going to be required of you to live.’”

2. There's yet one more wrinkle: Being good at something can create passion for it. One friend, an insurance-company executive, didn’t pick her field because she was wild about insurance. But when we talked to her, she exuded enthusiasm for her career. Over the years, she became good at it, and her expertise sparked passion. And another friend told us that her banking job wasn’t a passion—that hadn’t been her guiding principle, anyway. She was interested in being able to support herself above all else. But we saw that her work was clearly something she cared about very deeply, a job that paid her back for her hard work, for being really good at something, by boosting her confidence and awarding her success.

上麵第一類人,感覺就是失去了自己的“目的”了。其實很多人在過了一個台階、進入一個平台後,都會麵對“失去目的、失去方向”的問題。這時候他/她需要建立新目的。可以看到,這個女的也是需要別人告訴她新的目的,自己還沒有找到。如果讓她以掙錢為目的,她大概已經過了那個台階,無法產生真正的成就感,掙錢帶來的回報(feedback, payback)不足以產生足夠的刺激;不過也可能是膽怯,但即使膽怯讓他不需要去嚐試,也是經濟上還過得去。

第二個人,在他工作中有真實的payback,其實就是有真實的,自己內心認為值得的結果。經濟上的自信。其實就像運動員,鍛煉的時候或許也有休息的想法,但是就想那個冠軍,一切付出還是覺得“值了”。

=======

我說的“實際問題和興趣”的對比。其實都有共同的心理基礎,就是覺得自己做的事兒“很值”。隻是事兒有差別:一個是直接跟經濟利益有關(商業和應用科學),一個是沒有直接的經濟利益(科學,宗教探索)。但都覺得很值。

值不值,是每個人自己心裏衡量的,別人、家長都不能替代。

最極端的例子,就是佛,他是吃穿不愁,到森林裏打坐,可以說是一種興趣(但不是淺薄的興趣),是一種決心,一定要“搞出結果”,這是目的。達到目的,才覺得值,或者說因為覺得值-worthy,所以一定要達到目的,無論付出多少。

這樣說起來,做成事兒也隻有一種共同的心理基礎(不管這事兒是實際生活問題,還是心理追求),都是因為覺得某個“可衡量的結果”很值,才會持續地付出。掙錢解決生活問題,佛的修行解決生死問題,做到了,都帶來confidence)

一定是要有回報的。不追求具體回報和結果的活動,大概就是比較淺的“興趣”,這會隨時變化。可說是一種懶散的狀態。

我真夠認真的。嗬嗬

所有跟帖: 

明白你的意思了,有道理 -糯米粥- 給 糯米粥 發送悄悄話 糯米粥 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/12/2023 postreply 10:00:37

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!