哈哈哈,這就是藝術表現上的“defamiliarization”吧 :-)

來源: papyrus 2022-11-18 06:43:54 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2301 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ papyrus ] 在 2022-11-18 07:19:19 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Representing familiar things in unfamiliar ways

加上 NYP 頭版上的 banner(按圖索驥了一下,頭版倒頭條:“FLORIDA MAN MAKES ANNOUNCEMENT -- PAGE 26”),更不無 Charlotte Brontë 《Villette》遺風::-)

One day, at a quiet early hour, I found myself nearly alone in a certain gallery, wherein one particular picture of portentous size, set up in the best light, having a cordon of protection stretched before it, and a cushioned bench duly set in front for the accommodation of worshipping connoisseurs, who, having gazed themselves off their feet, might be fain to complete the business sitting: this picture, I say, seemed to consider itself the queen of the collection.

It represented a woman, considerably larger, I thought, than the life. I calculated that this lady, put into a scale of magnitude, suitable for the reception of a commodity of bulk, would infallibly turn from fourteen to sixteen stone. She was, indeed, extremely well fed: very much butcher's meat—to say nothing of bread, vegetables, and liquids—must she have consumed to attain that breadth and height, that wealth of muscle, that affluence of flesh. She lay half-reclined on a couch: why, it would be difficult to say; broad daylight blazed round her; she appeared in hearty health, strong enough to do the work of two plain cooks; she could not plead a weak spine; she ought to have been standing, or at least sitting bolt upright. She had no business to lounge away the noon on a sofa. She ought likewise to have worn decent garments; a gown covering her properly, which was not the case: out of abundance of material—seven-and-twenty yards, I should say, of drapery—she managed to make inefficient raiment. Then, for the wretched untidiness surrounding her, there could be no excuse. Pots and pans—perhaps I ought to say vases and goblets—were rolled here and there on the foreground; a perfect rubbish of flowers was mixed amongst them, and an absurd and disorderly mass of curtain upholstery smothered the couch and cumbered the floor. On referring to the catalogue, I found that this notable production bore the name "Cleopatra."

謝傳人兄介紹。周末愉快

所有跟帖: 

我知道你為什麽說static 了你是說他大段的內心獨白吧。我記得我原來跟你聊俄羅斯的我就說人一傳教我就跳過去 -donau- 給 donau 發送悄悄話 donau 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 11/18/2022 postreply 06:48:38

還有三個人坐在那裏海闊天空發明陰謀論Arte上有Saint Laurent Ulliel est hallucinant -papyrus- 給 papyrus 發送悄悄話 (178 bytes) () 11/18/2022 postreply 07:02:31

這個對我nicht vefügbar -donau- 給 donau 發送悄悄話 donau 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 11/18/2022 postreply 08:09:41

哈哈哈,這個遊戲原來是這樣玩的,^_^。再謝古紙兄的文化滲透,怪不得找 Taylor 女士演,多少----- -文革傳人- 給 文革傳人 發送悄悄話 文革傳人 的博客首頁 (231 bytes) () 11/18/2022 postreply 22:36:32

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”