A Beautiful Mind

本文內容已被 [ victorarty ] 在 2009-11-23 08:12:36 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

I bet many of us saw the "A beautiful Mind", a 2001 movie which won 4 academy awards (Oscar) including Best Picture. It was based on a true story of John Nash, a genius who eventually won Nobel Price in Economics (1994). Nash also suffered from paranoid schizophrenia, as Dr. Sun.

I guess that 彩雲舒 overestimated scientists. They are a group of people that can be very stupid or crazy in some areas but are very creative and original in his or her field. The bottom line of our discussion then should be: is Dr. Sun competent in his area and his job. If yes, a healthy society should give him a chance to prove himself. Sun has a Ph.D. from SUNY Stony Brook, Postdoc experience from University of Michigan, most importantly he has a first author publication in Science. I do not think many of us have such an impressive resume. It is a shame to the society if he stays in street.

John Nash was lucky that he was in the US, where he was judged by what he did best: mathematics and economic theory, but not by how to find a lowest paid survival job.And he did not have to apologetic to his disease either.

Good Luck to Sun, and I hope the society of China will evolve to such a state that cripple genius can shine and every one will benefit from it.

所有跟帖: 

回複:A Beautiful Mind -彩雲舒- 給 彩雲舒 發送悄悄話 彩雲舒 的博客首頁 (542 bytes) () 11/21/2009 postreply 20:07:26

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!