it was not a joke....until now

來源: ifan 2011-09-05 23:59:51 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (903 bytes)
回答: 難道你們家的小孩子不這樣嗎?adacat2011-09-05 23:48:55

And I was driving this used car with a lot of bumper stickers that’s impossible to peel off. And one of them said "If you don’t speak English, go home". And I didn’t notice it for two years. (laughter) Like many other immigrants, we want our son to become the president of this country and we try to make him bilingual, you know, Chinese at home and English in public, which is really tough to do, because many times I have to say to him in public "Hey listen, if you don’t speak English, go home" (laughter) And he would say to me, "Hey dad, why do I have to learn two languages?" I said "son, once you become the president of the United States, you are going to have sign legislative bills in English, and talk to debt collectors in Chinese" (laughter)

所有跟帖: 

Finally, I can sit down and watch it. He is funny! -adacat- 給 adacat 發送悄悄話 adacat 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/06/2011 postreply 04:21:16

我也可以肯定的說,你和你老公中文學的不錯,繼續努力! -ifan- 給 ifan 發送悄悄話 ifan 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/06/2011 postreply 16:20:10

沒有明白你的邏輯,難道你貼的油管是GRE考題不成? -adacat- 給 adacat 發送悄悄話 adacat 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/06/2011 postreply 18:12:19

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”