重要補遺

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/malcolmmoore/100002509/urumqi-riots-signal-dark-days-ahead/

Telegraph Reporter in Shanghai
When I wrote the post, I had limited information and I jumped to the conclusion that the 156 victims of Sunday’s violence were Uighur.

In fact, it appears that the majority of the victims were Han Chinese, brutally killed by gangs of Uighurs roaming through the back streets of Urumqi. There are some horrific pictures circulating of rows of bloodied bodies and cyclists lying in puddles of blood with their heads bashed in.

I apologise for running ahead of the facts, but the idea that Chinese troops had been unable to prevent the Uighurs from murdering Han Chinese honestly never occurred to me.

AND:

PooshWaltzer writes...
As for the 150+ killed, how many were actually inflicted by the police and exactly how many were acts of murder/manslaughter enacted by the rioters? There's no information. Moreover, with regards to the June 26 killing of 2 Uigher workers in a Guangdong toy factory, was there any mention that the two men were also under investigation by public prosecutors for assailing and raping a Han woman?

well constructed post. you've done your research :) well, now further details have emerged from the investigation into the June 26 killings. and those rape allegations has been cleared with the public prosecutors arresting the propagators that spread the false accusations. Its easy those day and age in china to stir up social/racial divide amongst the people. Unprecedented freedom in china has seen opportunists using the righteous public sentiment for self gain on the net. This is one sad case that highlights the problem of online vigilantism in chinas net community. If it weren't for outside forces instigating this hatred this riot would of never happened.

Now the Han chinese citizens are arming them selves and its likely revenge attacks on Uighurs will start. fueling ethnic hatred is one thing the chinese government or ANY government would desperately want to avoid. Its bloody stupid for any government to shoot it self in the foot by making the situation worse.

Although i'm no fan of the Chinese government but i'm not ignorant and blind in this instance to see 150+ deaths reported by the STATE MEDIA arnt all Uighurs like some of the retarded articles are stating. The Riot was captured and uploaded on youtube by amateurs before the news even break around the world. from those videos i dont even see 1 Chinese police on the street. just a angry mob butchering and burning ppl/shops. Where are the machine gun blazing ninja stealthy red army? tip toeing behind the bushes?

OnionBoBO :

I haven't read through all the posts yet, sorry if this has been mentioned before.

Generually, Uigurs in China receives extreme special treatment. For example, you could ask any Shanghainese friend if you have about Uigurs in Shanghai, they would tell you most of them are thefts, now, if you are Han and caught for stealing, you would be prosecuted, just like Australia and the rest of the world, however, if you are an Uigur, usually you would be released on the same day.

Same treatment applies for all crimes performed by Uigurs around China, for rape crime, Han -> Death sentance, Uigur -> released without charge (usually).

Human rights? Who's got more rights? Funny that when China is mentioned, human rights pops up. That's history man, anyone Australian still talk about how the Japanese treats the Aussie POWs during world war II ??

thomasyoung :

OnionBoBO writes...
Same treatment applies for all crimes performed by Uigurs around China, for rape crime, Han -> Death sentance, Uigur -> released without charge (usually).

That's so called "two restraints and one leniency" , an official policy on minority announced by the CCP in 1984.

It basically orders officials to go easy on minority criminals by being restrained in pursuing and prosecuting crimes committed by minorities and treating them leniently.

所有跟帖: 

回複:重要補遺 -easyrude- 給 easyrude 發送悄悄話 (46 bytes) () 07/09/2009 postreply 19:02:06

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!