"I don't think highly of myself, because, if I do,

來源: One1618 2019-01-15 19:27:57 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2216 bytes)

it would be too much of a burden for me to carry.

I didn't answer that music teacher's question, even though I knew the answer, is because I don't want to raise expectations so that next time I wouldn't look bad if I don't know an answer.

I did not mention my favorite museums to that guest is because I don't want to be bothered; it's too much work on my part without any reward.  Remember? I don't want to raise expectations.

Nice friends make me feel safe.  Those mean kids? They are stupid anyway.  Stand up for myself? it's not worth the trouble.

Speaking to my parents in a respectful manner? that would require too much energy and thoughts.  They will feed and house me anyway.  I don't have to explain to them what I am feeling or thinking.  They'll critisize and blame me anyway, what's the use?  If I level with them, it can only mean one thing: more of what they want me to do."

He has drawn a circle and seems comfortable in it.

Does he miss his private school friends and environment?  By rejecting the new place and new people, he might feel better inside without having to face the challenges of the new place.

His disrespect toward you needs to be addressed.  One of the Ten Commandments is "Honor thy father and mother."  You can start from there. 

Speak positively about people around him.  Point out the good in others.  Ask him to say "Thank you" for your good cooking.  Ask if you should write a Thank You card to the teacher who helped him.  Gratitude is usually missing from kids who are unhappy.

Ask him to do things that he can accomplish by himself.  Remind him that he needs to be responsible for his words and actions.  It takes courage to be willing to shoulder oneself, and it is worth doing because he is worthy of his effort.  Otherwise, someone other than himself is assuming that responsibility.  Does he know who?

所有跟帖: 

My kid has similar problems and I think your answer is very help -yefenghaiyun- 給 yefenghaiyun 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/15/2019 postreply 22:21:40

Wow!教科書一樣的完美答案!我想尋求專業人員的幫助就是想得到這樣的深層分析。非常感謝!還有幾個問題請教,請查QQH。 -香草仙子- 給 香草仙子 發送悄悄話 香草仙子 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/16/2019 postreply 06:30:52

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”