Under the Milky Way 28: From Castaneda to O Pino

來源: 1000_li_xing 2024-04-19 15:58:01 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (25952 bytes)

June 25, Sunday, Day 28, from Castaneda to O Pino, about 25 km. There were so many villages and towns I would pass. What would await me, I wondered…

Another day’s hike on flat ground – how did I get so lucky?!  

Started walking at 7am, Sunday, many businesses wouldn’t open until late. After walking for about an hour, I found out that I forgot to refill my water-bottle! Oh, no, now what could I do? Well, there was always a creek, or a river somewhere, right? No worries, I consoled myself. Or, better yet, find a place for breakfast soon, then all problems would be solved!! A double whammy, Yeah!! Loved the yogurt cake with coffee (with milk) (cafe con leche).  

Counting down, the distance was narrowing. It so delighted me that I couldn’t help walking with springy steps for a bit!  

A little over 5 km later, I arrived at Arzua, a large city along the Way. This was also a stop for the majority of the pilgrims had they followed the prescribed stages.

Got here after walking in the morning dew, I felt amazingly strong and refreshed. Who wouldn’t after a solid night’s sleep, and NO snoring??  Time to pose…

Beautiful, but old and small villages, one after another. So charming!

I passed by the woods. A gentleman and his artist partner were displaying/selling their artistic creations. Several years ago, he brought his donkey to the Camino and walked the distance. For that ultra special experience, he wrote a book and created some very unique art pieces (cards, mini stories, stamps, pins, etc.) to share with the world what they had experienced, overcome and achieved. 
I received a special stamp from him, which showed him and his beloved donkey!!  

A park – a great place for a break. A hammock definitely seemed to be appealing right now – bet I could fall asleep in no time! How creative, too, were the gardeners, to use the hiking boots as flower pots! Walk and learn for me…

It was close to noon, time for an energizing meal – two large slices of toast, pureed tomatoes, olive oil and seasonings; cafe con leche; fresh juice, all for 5 ½ euros.

At 1pm, from not far away in the woods, came the beautiful, elegant, and refreshing sound of music. The hikers were drawn magnetically closer. 

This Argentine writer and musician had set up a small table by the sacred path in the woods. On the table were some objects he found meaningful, along with his book and stamps for pilgrims. He had completed this sacred journey a few years before with his dog. What an achievement! On the cover of his book was a phrase I could never forget: "Chance is perhaps the pseudonym of God when He did not want to sign." How profound! I wasn’t sure how to take in this line fully, I guess that I needed some time to contemplate this saying again! Now my ignorance was revealed!!

Just when I hiked up a hill, breathless, I heard band music coming from the distance, the melodies sounded so familiar, that I guessed a local school band out having fun? Years of “training” as a bandies’ mom, how could I ever forget the energizing music?! Memories flooded in – years of chasing our high school band’s performances as a die-hard fan, and most important of all, an unbiased music lover! 

About 3pm, I arrived! O Pino, a.k.a. O Pedrouzo, population in 2020, 924.

Hunger-driven food hunting – a success. L and I ate like starving wolves – with no table manners!! Oh dear! 

After-dinner stroll around town. Beautiful indeed! 

Keyword: 
Leisurely  

更多我的博客文章>>>
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標