I was there before

來源: elfie 2023-08-20 15:45:35 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1184 bytes)
回答: 拉脫維亞首都Riga遊二usanyc802023-08-20 05:50:26

The most memorable thing in the palace is the large, white porcelain furnace on the corner of the rooms. It's at least 10  foot tall and it doesn't  look like a furnace at all, it was for providing heat for the winter. Latvia could be pretty cold in winter.

I lived in the Southern part of Latvia for a few weeks, where most of the recidents were Russians, so there was no problem of speaking Russian. But in other parts of the country, it's different even back then.  In Lithuania, another country nearby, most people openly showed their dislike of Russians. But we were Americans soldiers there learning Russian, so they had no problem to talk with us in Russian. All tourist guides we had could speak Russian. I think because we wanted to hear people speaking Russian instead of English for our Russian immersion program. We couldn't go to either Russia or Belarus for the same purpose because Russia and/or Belarus is not our ally. I think the prior team went to Crimea when it was part of Ukraine.

This palace is a must-be place for tourists going to Latvia. 

所有跟帖: 

Yes I agree with you, the palace is a must see place. -usanyc80- 給 usanyc80 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/20/2023 postreply 18:24:01

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”