The Canadian Rockies - Day Nine

來源: Gardenia_On_The_Bay 2013-07-30 18:31:11 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3779 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ Gardenia_On_The_Bay ] 在 2013-07-30 18:33:28 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

July 05 was the day we left for Calgary.

We were given a surprise parting gift - while Daddy was loading the luggage, a herd of mule deers wandered into view. They were right behind and at the side of our room!

Bidding farewell to this beautiful place, we got on our way at about 11am. After a short stop at the post office in town to drop off the post cards to friends and families, we set out for Calgary.

The Icefields Parkway was eternally beautiful.

A better shot of the Endless Chain Ridge.

We made a few stops along the way. An unexpected stop was to see a black bear on the side of the road. This was our third bear sighting in Jasper!

Another stop was the Sunwapta Fall.

Again we stopped at Bow Lake, my favorite lake along the Icefields Parkway. The little red building we saw far across the lake on our way to Jasper a few days ago turned out to be Num Ti Jah, a lodge built by Jimmy Simpson in the 1940s.

Of note were the dream catchers you could find at the attached gift shop. It was an unbelievable bargain compared to what we got at Jasper. My daughter immediately regretted her purchase at Jasper, alas, it was too late, but it was a lesson well learned for her :-). We had a little snack at the coffee bar there and hit the road again.

We arrived at Calgary at about 5:30pm. It started raining cats and dogs shortly after we checked into our hotel. Going out for dinner was out of the question, so we opted for one of the restaurants in the hotel. The food was pretty good. I had a seafood fettuccine, and my hu*****and ordered a steak and lobster meat combination by the name Surf and Turf.

After dinner, I took the kids and tried out the swimming pool and the hot tub in the hotel, praying all the while that tomorrow would be a dry day.

請在這閱讀我的更多的博客文章

- The Canadian Rockies - Day Eight

- The Canadian Rockies-Day Seven

- The Canadian Rockies-Day Six

所有跟帖: 

我這一路隻見過一次黑熊. :-( -嘉崚子- 給 嘉崚子 發送悄悄話 嘉崚子 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/30/2013 postreply 22:45:06

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”