The Canadian Rockies - Day Six

來源: Gardenia_On_The_Bay 2013-07-19 16:32:24 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (6848 bytes)

July 02, our first full day in Jasper, was supposed to be super hot at a high of 91 degrees. But it turned out to be fairly breezy.

Coming out of the bathroom, I noticed my little boy was brooding sitting by the table with a bowl of half finished oat meal. I asked him what's wrong, and he said that he had a tummy ache but Daddy did not do anything and only said "so....?". I could not help laughing and asked him whether he felt ok now. He said yes. That certainly showed the sensitive side of my little boy.

We started our day at the Jasper Information Center, trying to map out a plan for the stay.

We decided to go for a horseback riding followed by swimming at Lake Annette. And if time would permit, we'd go back to our own lake and rent a boat there.

The stable turned out to be half way between our resort and the town along the Pyramid Lake Road, and it had a rustic charm to it.

The last time I rode a horse was many years ago at Lake Tahoe when the kids were nowhere in sight. There were two bits of memory. One was how my legs felt the minute I got off the horse. It was a funny feeling, and my legs could barely walk. The other was that my horse apparently could not resist a good meal and kept eating grass on the side of the trail..

For this ride, the two little ones, 5 and 6 years old respectively, had their own guides along the trail, while the rest of us shared a guide.

It was a one hour ride. We passed three lakes from afar, Lake Annette being one of the three, and a little meadow with wild flowers. Both horses and people made it back in one piece :-).

Next was to go to Lake Annette for a swim.

Lake Annette was one of the three lakes we saw on our riding on the horse back. The water was a bit too cold for me and my hu*****and, but the kids embraced it in high spirits.

By the time we were heading back to the car, a thunderstorm ensued. Luckily, we were quite close to the parked car. The wind was so strong that we could feel the lake water was being blown on shore. I was running together with my little boy, holding his hands. It was apparently quite scary for him because he was crying.

We headed to town for dinner after a stop back at the hotel so that everyone could get cleaned up. We decided on Olive, an Italian fare, as our dinner venue. We were told at the door that there would be live music at 8:30pm.

Shortly after we were seated, the rain became heavy again, completed with thunder and lightning. Then all of sudden while we were savoring our appetizer, the power was out. This was the very first time that I experienced a power outage in a middle of a meal in a restaurant.

I guess they must have a gas stove, since they managed to deliver all our orders. And the live music went on as well. My ravioli was a bit too on the heavy side, though.

We were not able to order deserts because of the outage.

When we stepped out of our car back at the hotel's parking lot, there were once again two beautiful complete rainbows arching over the sky.

When we got back to our room, my hu*****and pointed out the scenery from our balcony - it was a classic postcard.

Another good day passed.

請在這閱讀我的更多的博客文章

- The Canadian Rockies - Day Five

- The Canadian Rockies-Day Four

- The Canadian Rockies-Day Three

所有跟帖: 

我也喜歡白樺, 要等照片整理出來才知道效果如何. 沒機會騎馬. :-( -嘉崚子- 給 嘉崚子 發送悄悄話 嘉崚子 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/20/2013 postreply 11:34:55

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”