The Canadian Rockies - Day Four

來源: Gardenia_On_The_Bay 2013-07-14 13:13:24 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4020 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ Gardenia_On_The_Bay ] 在 2013-07-16 23:10:08 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Given that we were scheduled to drive to Jasper along the Icefields Parkway the next day and had plans to stop along the way, we would need to head out at an earlier hour. So Day Four at Banff was to be spent in a more relaxed manner.

Plan for the day - hiking the Johnston Canyon Lower and Upper Falls trail in the morning, then getting back to town for lunch and a little souvenir shopping, and then we would grant the kids' wish to go to the play zone and the water slide in the hotel.

Perhaps because of the holiday weekend, there were a lot of people on the trail. Most of the trail was man made catwalks along the cliff and above the raging rapids.

The lower fall..

It was another about 2km before reaching the upper fall. When I saw this, my first reaction was "oh, my God, how could the waterfall be all dried up?!"

Then once I turned the corner, and here it was in its full splendor..

Walking back was always easier..

After lunch back in town and a little shopping, we headed back to the hotel to fulfill the promise to the kids for them to go to the play zone and the water slide.

They had an absolute blast and were among the last to leave the water slide, not voluntarily but because it was time for the facility to close. No doubt in the kids' mind, the water slide was the highlight of the day!

Our last day in Banff ended in a splash, literally.

請在這閱讀我的更多的博客文章

- The Canadian Rockies-Day Three

- The Canadian Rockies - Day Two

所有跟帖: 

謝謝分享.我們7月底也要去了。 -中關園- 給 中關園 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 07/14/2013 postreply 17:28:10

幾年前我們是三家朋友一起去的,大人小孩共11人。為了讓孩子們體驗火車,我們從洛杉磯 -wqing- 給 wqing 發送悄悄話 wqing 的博客首頁 (233 bytes) () 07/15/2013 postreply 09:14:41

Where did you 租12人座的passenger Van? Which car rental company? -tengtengma- 給 tengtengma 發送悄悄話 tengtengma 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/15/2013 postreply 13:51:03

是在西雅圖機場取的車,哪家公司忘了。這種大車不允許你異地還,所以我們從Banff -wqing- 給 wqing 發送悄悄話 wqing 的博客首頁 (64 bytes) () 07/15/2013 postreply 15:19:24

我們在Jasper -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (43 bytes) () 07/15/2013 postreply 18:09:19

我們下次去一定是住 Jasper 了。洛基山脈值得再去,湖光山色太美了! -wqing- 給 wqing 發送悄悄話 wqing 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/15/2013 postreply 20:03:05

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”