The Canadian Rockies - Day Three

來源: Gardenia_On_The_Bay 2013-07-12 15:30:37 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (7759 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ Gardenia_On_The_Bay ] 在 2013-07-13 09:04:57 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

June 29th, our Day Three in Banff, can be summed up as two words, impeccable timing.

We met up with our friends, a family with three kids. So between the two families, there were five little ones in total. The day's plan was set to explore Lake Louise - hiking up to one of the two tea houses for lunch, coming back, canoeing on Lake Louise, and then driving to Moraine Lake.

The kids were all very excited to go on the excursion. I would say that the excitement was more because of exploring things together with friends :-). I know that the experience shared from this trip would certainly strengthen the bond among the kids.

Lake Louise
was apparently a very popular destination. Even with the cancellation related to the flooding, there were quite a crowd of people.

The water of Lake Louise has an oil painting quality to it, thick in texture, especially from afar.

There are two separate trails, each leading to a tea house. Considering the kids, we opted for the shorter trail that would lead to Lake Agnes Tea House. Once in a while, Lake Louise would peek through the woods along the trail.

Midway there came Mirror Lake, a nice little pond of water.

Close to the Tea House, there was a nice waterfall.

Finally there was the tea house perched high up on the mountain.

When we finally climbed up, what awaited our senses was beyond words.

We took an outside seating for our very late lunch. Of note was each of us ordering a cup of hot chocolate marshmellows.

What is happiness? Happiness for me, at that precise moment, was sipping that cup of hot chocolate marshmellows together with family and friends while taking in the breathtaking beauty surrounding us.

The Teahouse was operated in a very environmentally friendly and efficient manner. We were handed a bag and asked to take our trash with us.

After we got back to Lake Louise, we headed straight for the canoe rental as planned. Due to weight and head count constraint, we had to rent three canoes between the two families.

It was a perfect time for out on the lake, not too hot nor too cold yet. The water was calm and a beautiful teal blue.

While we were getting close back to the dock, the thunder and lightning show started. We got off the water just in time to avoid a thunderstorm. We got into Chateau Fairmont right by the Lake to wait out the storm. We watched Lake Louise, so much tranquility just minutes ago, turned tumultuous with huge waves lapping at the bank.

We went on our way to Moraine Lake when the storm reduced to sprinkles. It was still raining along the way, however, when we got there and parked, the rain had stopped. Talk about good timing!

Moraine Lake after the rain storm was breathtaking.

On our way back to Banff, we were rewarded with not one but two complete rainbows. It was perhaps the strongest rainbow we had ever encountered. So beautiful and magical. I actually wished that there were really a place at the end of the rainbow where people would live happily ever after.

Dinner was had at Athena's Pizza and Spaghetti Factory, where my daughter whined to go the very first day. My order, fish'n'chips, was not really the model for healthy eating :-).

Another perfect day passed.

請在這閱讀我的更多的博客文章

- The Canadian Rockies _ Arrival

- The Canadian Rockies - Day Two

所有跟帖: 

Almost all the hot chocolate cups have cracks, how dare? -Redfernbus- 給 Redfernbus 發送悄悄話 Redfernbus 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/13/2013 postreply 00:44:30

回複:Almost all the hot chocolate cups have cracks, how dare? -VS.NET2005- 給 VS.NET2005 發送悄悄話 (134 bytes) () 07/13/2013 postreply 07:32:00

How is the other teahouse? Equally -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (61 bytes) () 07/14/2013 postreply 14:18:33

Keen observation:-). -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/14/2013 postreply 14:17:08

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”