Hello Again, Disneyland - Day Three

來源: Gardenia_On_The_Bay 2013-04-04 13:13:08 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (7897 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ Gardenia_On_The_Bay ] 在 2013-04-04 13:17:35 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Nobody could wake up in the morning, let alone carry out our ambitious plan of getting to the park early to get a fast pass for Cars Land. It would have to wait until the next day.

While we were getting ready, I heard our little boy saying "hey, that cool dude again" while he was passing by the mirror in the bathroom.. Forever the family clown:-).

It was close to 10am by the time we walked out of the door. Once again on the way to the park.

Given temperature change from early morning to day to night time here, the best way to dress comfortably is layering...

The very first thing both kids wanted to do was to ride the Astro Blasters again, so off we went while Daddy went to get a fast pass for the Space Mountain. The line had quite a few turns, however, it moved faster than it seemed, and after probably 20 minutes we were blasting away. This was a picture of the space rangers about to get started on the action.

To exit from the ride, one has to go through the gift shop, which is, by the way, the layout for every ride in the park. Talking about naked intentions! Anyhow, as expected, my little boy had his heart set on an astro blaster. I told him it's OK to get it, but we should wait until the end of the day to get it because he might lose it if he gets it now. Of course he would not listen. I relented under one condition that he would need to be responsible for it the rest of the day and no one else could help him carry it.

Happily holding his new gadget, he hopped over to Daddy and Sister who were waiting for us. We then went to join the Jedi Academy. It was a terrific live performance wherein kids from the audience were called onto stage to be trained in the art of the Jedi knight. My daughter is an avid fan of Star Wars and a walking encyclopedia on everything about Star Wars. Enthusiastically raising both arms, she was accepted into the Academy. All kids donned a Jedi robe and, of course, a light saber.

Half way through the show, Darth Vader and two space troopers rose to the stage, accompanied by the familiar theme music..

Along also came Darth Maul..

Then followed a battle of good against evil - each young Jedi in training bravely faced Darth Vader or Darth Maul, using his/her newly acquired skills with light sabers.

Now the graduating class of the young Jedi..

My daughter enjoyed this immensely. Interestingly, my usually out-going son was a bit too sheepish to volunteer onstage..

After the addition of a new Jedi to the family, we set out to explore Tomorrow Land. The coolest thing in my mind, aside from the motion activated fruit ninja game, was Honda's Asimo, an advanced robot.

Though not quite C3PO, Asimo was very impressive - carrying out intelligent and logical conversation and demonstrating physical agility by expertly negotiating the stairs, both up and down!

On our way to ride the Space Mountain, my son realized that he had lost his astro blaster. Certainly a lesson learned for him!

Space Mountain was in effect a roller coaster ride set in space with twinkling stars hurling at you.. I screamed all the way yet loved it! However, when we got to the end, I noticed that my little boy, who was sitting with Daddy, was crying. It was a bit too much for him. And at that moment, I keenly realized that he was still a baby at heart.

Daddy and Son then went to the Adventure Land to get a fast pass for the Indiana Jones Adventure, while Mommy took Daughter to try Bobsleds. The line for Bobsleds was unfortunately snaking around and around, and it would be an hour of waiting. My daughter was not willing to spend that much time waiting, so we headed back to the main square to meet up with the boys.

On the way there, my daughter got a cotton candy.

Only on occasions such as this, I let them indulge in junk food such as this :-). In fact, it was at the Tivoli Garden in Copenhagen where my daughter got her very first cotton candy! And she was only about 4 and half years old at the time. How time has gone by! Here was a picture of my daughter enjoying her very first cotton candy at Tivoli Garden more than 4 years ago...

We met up with the boys at the main square. I was straightening my clothes for a picture in front of that place where magic happens:-).

There is a castle in every woman's heart, isn't there? :-).

We decided to follow yesterday's routine - go back for a rest and then come back in early evening, especially since we had a fast pass for Indiana Jones for 8:25pm.

Once back, the kids wanted to go swimming, so here they were.

We decided to take the bus back to the park instead of walk. Perfect timing - the bus was right there as we opened our door. The kids ran to the bus while Daddy was getting water out of the car. I ran after the kids, and heard my little boy said in a concerned voice to the driver, while he was stepping onto the bus, " can you wait? Because we have a Daddy." Everyone laughed at him adoringly.

Our little boy chickened out of the Indiana Jones ride, so my daughter and I went along by ourselves. My daughter commented afterwards that her little brother would have gotten scared if he went on the ride. He certainly chose wisely.

We did not plan for, in fact, we did not really know about the Mickey Mouse Fantasmic show at 9:00pm. But I guess we were at the right time at the right place - the show was right around where we came out of Indiana Jones, and it was about 10 minutes away from starting.

The show created a magnificent imaginary world using light, water displays, music and dancing. The kids loved it!

While we were leaving the park, the 9:30pm fireworks started. It was more beautiful than what I remembered seeing the very first time we were here.

This may sound cliche, but I think for a little kid, this place is truly magical and what a dream is made of. All the merry making helps bring out the child in everyone :-).

Good night.

請在這閱讀我的更多的博客文章

所有跟帖: 

真是孩子們的樂園! -嘉崚子- 給 嘉崚子 發送悄悄話 嘉崚子 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/04/2013 postreply 23:28:12

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”