Hello Again, Disneyland - Day Two

來源: Gardenia_On_The_Bay 2013-04-04 13:11:54 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (9195 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ Gardenia_On_The_Bay ] 在 2015-05-20 15:12:42 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

The breakfast opens at 7am on Sundays. However, we did not get there until 9ish. Good thing that there were actually a few things the kids liked - ham, waffle, bagel and French toast. I went for oatmeal with lots of pecan.

Our building in the morning light..

Our unit was on the second floor.

We set out to walk to the park at close to 10am. The two kids were so hyper they were practically running, and I had to yell at them to slow down.

Cannot wait to cross the street..

Mommy trying to catch up with the gang..

Finally at the gate..

We decided to try California Adventure Park first, fearful that the Disneyland would be much more crowded given it's a weekend.

With the map in hand, we sat down hoping to plan out a route. Cars Land appears to be a new attraction, and it would definitely be something our little boy would want to do. So we decided to go and get a fast pass, even though we were told it's not likely we would be able to get one, since the fast pass would typically be all gone by 10am. Nevertheless, we decided to try our luck.

The fast pass had indeed been concluded for the day. We would need to be more diligent tomorrow. Next stop was the Tower of Horror.

The last time we were here, our little boy was too young for the ride, so only Daddy and Sister went. This time around, he was very anxious to get on, so we got a fast pass for 11:50am.

We checked out Turtle Talk with Crush, where my daughter asked Crush how old Squirt was, and the Monster Inc. ride. We also spotted Mr. Incredible, so I waited in line for the kids to take a picture with him. When it's our turn, the kids had a change of mind, they did not want to take a picture. So here I was, alone with Mr. Incredible :-)!

Then it was time for the ride in the twilight zone at the hotel.

Inside waiting for the ride..

While waiting, the little brother started to get apprehensive and not so sure any more whether he would stand the horror. However, we had crossed the point of no return :-), and into the elevator we went. This was also my first ride, and I screamed all the way! At the end, my son burst aloud, "I will never come back here again!".

After the horror, Daddy went to get fast pass for the Grizzly Peak, and I took the kids to A Bug's Land where we took two mild rides. Here they were waiting for Flick's Flyers.

Next we went to the Grizzly Peak for the Grizzly River Run - a white water rafting style adventure.

I knew we were going to get wet, but that was not enough to get me prepared for how wet I got after one run! There were two big drops where most of the splash came. I unfortunately and unknowingly chose to sit by one of the two openings of the raft, and I was perhaps the person got the most splash! It was fun, though, so much so that both kids wanted to do it again. So off they went, and I opted to dry myself at the mercy of the sun that was playing peekaboo. Surprisingly, my little boy, with both his pants and shirt wet, wanted to do it a third time! Not his sister, though.

Back from the third ride, both of my men were soaked! Our little boy was waddling like a duckie :-)..

Everyone wet from the river ride, we decided to go back to the hotel and get changed. Once back, both Daddy and son took a nap, and that gave me a bit time to finish the blog for the first day.

After the nap, we decided to do an early dinner, and then we would go back to the park afterwards. Once again, we tried our luck at The Cheesecake Factory, and this time the luck was better, about 15 minutes wait.

Believe it or not, this was actually the very first time I would be eating at a cheesecake factory. The inside was enormous at this one, not sure whether that's representative of its style.

We were seated outside again with the gas lamp fired up. Palm trees forever.

We ordered a guacamole made-to-order as appetizer.

It was indeed very fresh, and I especially liked it that it had chopped
Chili pepper mixed in..

A little booklet listing each dish's calorie count accompanied the menu. I checked the number for the pasta I was eying, and it contained a whopping 1,950 calories! So I decided on The Navajo, a sandwich made with fried bread and with about 1,300 calories.

The bread was good, and I suspect perhaps more than half of the calories was contributed by it, though.

My husband was in a mood for their factory burger with sweet potato fries.

As for the kids, the usual - pasta with or without butter and Parmesan cheese, depending which one you are asking - except for tonight, the pasta was bowtie.

A meal would not be complete without a slice or slices of cheesecakes at the Cheesecake Factory, I suppose. Here were our two orders - key lime cheesecake, my daughter's picking, and tiramisu, my son's.

I am never a big cheesecake person. However enticing they looked, I only took a bite. The key lime was OK, and the sour taste from the lime was refreshing. Not so much liked the tiramisu , though.

After the dinner, the Southern Californian night was getting a bit too chilly for what we had on, so we strode back to layer up before going to the park. Poor Daddy - the only jacket he brought along was still soaking wet, and had to really layer up, two short tees and two long tees:-).

We decided to go to the other side. The night was still or perhaps forever young at the Disneyland.

The castle that has captured so many hearts and dreams of young girls :-).

The first ride we went on was the Astro Orbitor.

I went on the ride with the kids. The little brother, being the youngest, would need to sit in the forefront. We thought that the person sitting in the front, like in some other rides, would need to pull a lever to make it go high, so I joked that "we are doomed." My little boy took that to heart, and he loudly said to the ride operator when he came over to ask about the number of people in our party, "I am a bad driver, but I have to sit in the front because I am the youngest".

We had a fast pass for the Star Tours for 9:40pm and still had about an hour before that, so we tried the Astro Blaster based on the Toy Story where you use lazer guns to shoot the "z", the evil Zurg. They loved it so much that we did it three times! Both kids and I included were getting better and better at scoring :-). Somewhere in the middle of lazer fighting against the evil lord, we missed the nightly fireworks:-(.

The Star Tours was awesome! The whole family being huge Star Wars fans, we loved it and experienced it twice.. If it were not for the time, we would do it again with no doubt.

By the time we got back, it was way past 10pm, and my daughter fell fast asleep on the bed with her clothes still on.

Good night.

請在這閱讀我的更多的博客文章

所有跟帖: 

哈哈,瞧這一家子! -嘉崚子- 給 嘉崚子 發送悄悄話 嘉崚子 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/04/2013 postreply 23:30:18

為啥發照片還要把臉遮上,要不然不發:) -微微蔚藍- 給 微微蔚藍 發送悄悄話 (6 bytes) () 04/05/2013 postreply 13:56:53

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”