吃遍Town - Vegetarian Thai Experience

來源: Gardenia_On_The_Bay 2012-09-02 12:48:23 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (7449 bytes)

這是一星期前寫的.一直在找一個合適的坦.版主要是覺得不適合這兒,就刪掉吧..

Prologue

As some of you might know, my hu*****and and I have a Saturday routine. Part of that routine is a dinner out for just the two of us leaving the kids behind at Grandparents'. Both of us are somewhat creatures of habit when it comes to food, or according to my hu*****and, I am more so than he is. Regardless, we tend to patronize the few restaurants we feel the most comfortable with. We had been talking about breaking out of that comfort zone and try more new things. However, we did not act it out until last week when we decided that we ought to try a different restaurant every week. I hope we can keep it up at least for the most part.

Either of us is no food critic, and we are mere mortals who love to eat a good meal, especially me. While having dinner yesterday, I decided right there and then that I would open a blog "Dine About Town" to record our experience. It is not only to share but also to serve as a journal for ourselves to capture this part of our life so that the memory would not get lost as we go about life as busy bees. I know that, when we look back some day, these ordinary moments will all become priceless. Not all experience will be good. However, good or bad, it's all part of the journey, and in hindsight I am sure they would all become precious moments.

Food and fashion often go hand in hand. Therefore, I will add an element of style and fashion to each blog. It could be a work outfit for one of the days during the week or something worn to the dinner. To correctly set expectation, I would like to point out that people are generally laid back where we are. Certainly don't expect high fashion. Rather, it's more of every day style and on the casual side.

This piece would serve as the opening blog for "Dine About Town".

Vegetarian Thai Experience

We decided on a Thai restaurant as the dinner venue yesterday. What's unique about this place is that it serves only vegetarian dishes. The rating on Yelp is shooting through the roof.

It was sparsely occupied when we arrived. The decor is simple and contemporary. The Thai touch comes through the decorative pillows on one side of the wall as part of the seating.

It also comes through the hangings on the wall on the other side.

A close-up of one of the metal hangings, very typical Thai motifs.

Thai iced tea is my hu*****and's favorite, and he orders it every time we are in a Thai restaurant. And this time there was no exception.

I asked him whether it was good. Well, apparently, this iced tea did not quite pass his picky palate. It was not creamy enough to his taste.

We ordered Thai Samosa as our appetizer.

It was not as strong flavored as your typical Indian samosa. It did not really have a physical resemblance either. It was more like a deep fried dumpling. Of course, the filling was no dumpling. I liked it, but my hu*****and felt it was a bit too sweet.

My hu*****and ordered Volcanic Beef and I Panang Avocado Shrimp. I don't think you would have any problem telling which is which below.

Of course, these were not real beef and shrimp, though the physical resemblance was remarkable. However, that's where the resemblance stopped. Anyone would immediately know they were not eating beef and shrimp:-). Both dishes were marked with an asterisk indicating spicy. However, I did not taste an ounce of capsaicin in the dishes. The highlight in the shrimp dish was not the shrimp, rather, it was the avocado for me. First time eating avocado in a curry dressing. Pretty good.

I would have to say that the presentation was better than the taste in this case.

At the end, I asked my hu*****and to give it a rating on a 1-5 scale with 5 being the best. He gave it a paltry 2. I would give it a 3, though, for the samosa, the avocado and the presentation.

So much for the food. This is one of the tops I wore to work last week. The dress code at my company is quite relaxed, or should I say, none :-). I got a couple of compliments out of this.

Now a fuller picture.

I know that the platform sandal was not the best shoes to go with this, but when it comes to looking-good and comfort, I choose comfort most of the times :-). However, to see the effect of a stiletto, I did put on a pair at home.

This concludes my opening blog.

Thank you for your time. I hope you have enjoyed my story.

請在這閱讀我的更多的博客文章

- 吃遍Town - Indian Fusion Delight

- 又見波士頓,依然隻匆匆一瞻

- 女兒的兩幅新作- 寫生

所有跟帖: 

The way the dishes are garnished is appalling, to say the very l -Redfernbus- 給 Redfernbus 發送悄悄話 Redfernbus 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/02/2012 postreply 17:08:44

It could certainly use some -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (151 bytes) () 09/02/2012 postreply 21:56:27

Leaving the food aside, you guys are lucky to be able to go out -Redfernbus- 給 Redfernbus 發送悄悄話 Redfernbus 的博客首頁 (143 bytes) () 09/03/2012 postreply 15:03:16

Yes, the benefit of -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (43 bytes) () 09/03/2012 postreply 18:52:44

謝謝發帖! ---1234567-- 給 --1234567- 發送悄悄話 --1234567- 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/05/2012 postreply 11:37:06

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”