首爾掠影-昌徳宮,大東門及其他

來源: Gardenia_On_The_Bay 2012-06-25 12:32:54 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (13865 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ Gardenia_On_The_Bay ] 在 2012-06-26 07:30:36 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

星期三一大早爬起來趕去首都機場,準備起飛去首爾。

不要以為中國沒有不好吃的中國飯,我就是在這個很漂亮的室內很有中國特色的建築旁邊吃了一頓不能再難吃的早飯:-(。

飛機在上午11奌左右到達了首爾機場。曾多次在此轉機,但歨出門還會是第一次。等所有的手續和關卡都通過了,已經是將近1點啦!另外一個小時又花在了從機場去酒店的路上。

這是快到酒店從車裏拍的街景。

酒店的裝飾很elegant yet with an Asian touch..這個是裝飾在去我的房間的拐角處。

像我別的旅途記錄,這是我的房間。

這是從我房間的窗戶看到的。

I got to show you the toilet...

Apparently the Koreans are just like the Japanese when it comes to pamper the bottom :-)..

待我走出門來,已經是2:30多了,但還是決定出去逛逛。我住的這個酒店是在一個prime location, 就在明洞旁邊。在Concierge的指奌下,決定去昌德宮,
東大門,然後回來去明洞。野心很大,是不是?

我需要去的地鐵站就幾分鍾的路。這是在路上的街景。

這種食物攤很是普遍。

Shopping is everywhere. Subway stations are no exception..

首爾地鐵站。

車廂內。

在Anguk Station 下來後已是腹中空空,恰巧看見這個pastry shop, 便毫不猶豫走了進去。

Wasn't the little sandwich cute?...

....and the red bean shaved ice humongous?

吃飽喝足後,便向昌德宮走去。It's literally right around the corner..

昌徳宮was built as a secondary palace in the early 1400s but later became the main palace. It was built a bit earlier than but can still be considered contemporary with the Temple of Heaven. Its layout is in harmony with the topography of the area it's built on, therefore the whole complex is asymmetric, which is quite unique architecturally for an Asian palace.

The imposing 敦化門, the main gate of 昌德宮。

After passing through the gate, to the right is 錦川橋, the oldest stone bridge left in Seoul.

This bridge was built over an auspicious stream named 禁川。This particular palace was built to meet 禁川.

But it looks like the stream is no more...

After the bridge comes 進善門。

仁政門leads to 仁政殿.

仁政殿 is the throne hall of 昌徳宮. Major state affairs were held here. People trying to take a peek of the throne..

And here is where the king sat..

Ceremonies were held in the courtyard. Here I suppose the stone plate designated where officials of different ranks ought to stand..

I was very much intrigued by this little side corridor that one could peek through to see a backyard..

The details were so beautiful and intricate..

My favorite corridor..

Corner of an building..

宣政門 leads to 宣政殿.

宣政殿 was where the king conducted daily state business. Fairly low key?

Isn't the ceiling beautiful?

Another beautiful sight..

For some reasons, I was attracted to this door - both the color and the pattern..

Next I wandered to 大造殿, residence of the queen.

This is the reconstructed bed of the last queen..

Once again, the colorful details..

A few more pictures of the Palace..

On my way out, I noticed this tour guide in a traditional wear..

...and this lady dressed in a casual yet elegant dress for a comfy tour of the Palace..

Another subway ride took me to 東大門. The first sight out of the subway station was certainly no comparison to the grand palace :-)

This seems to be an outdoor market hawking cheap goods ranging from clothes, toys and accessories. Note the fake designer bags.. Apparently counterfeiting does not happen only in China..

I started to get disappointed, thinking this might be it, the 東大門巿場, until I saw bigger and more modern buildings ahead..

One of the shopping complexes at 東大門.

A few good looking mannequins..

After 東大門, I took the subway back.

Tired and starving, I had no more energy to explore 明洞, even though it's right around the corner. Instead, I decided to feed myself at a Korean restaurant just across the street with the hotel.

Inside of the restaurant. Yes, I had to take off my shoes to sit at my table..

The complimentary dishes. One of the dishes was beef. Rarely the Korean restaurants in the US would give complimentary meat dishes..

My dinner entree..

I also ordered a soup but did not expect it was so huge..

I called it night after dinner..

One more street picture just before I left for the airport on Thursday..

And the only dress I tried on in Seoul..

Here is my last lunch/dinner at the airport in Seoul

By the time I got to the gate, it was time to board. Then I noticed the destination on the board was not where I would be going, which almost set off a heart attack. I checked my boarding pass, and this was indeed the correct gate, and then I noticed in a smaller print on the board that said "via my destination". What a relief!

Goodbye, Seoul, until next time..

請在這閱讀我的更多的博客文章

- 又見波士頓,依然隻匆匆一瞻(圖)

- 兒子的醒世真言

- Anthropologie 印象(圖)

- 小小畫家畫廊(Part IV)

所有跟帖: 

有趣的視角! -迪子- 給 迪子 發送悄悄話 迪子 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/25/2012 postreply 13:46:01

謝謝欣賞 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/25/2012 postreply 16:21:10

咦,怎麽跑到這裏來啦? -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/25/2012 postreply 16:20:17

哦,原來如此。 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/25/2012 postreply 21:28:50

台灣和香港的旅館廁所,也開始學日本了。 -灣月枕- 給 灣月枕 發送悄悄話 灣月枕 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/25/2012 postreply 17:33:48

有意思:-)。還沒有 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (33 bytes) () 06/25/2012 postreply 21:30:29

看到了一個頗為真實的韓國. 謝謝分享! -嘉崚子- 給 嘉崚子 發送悄悄話 嘉崚子 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/25/2012 postreply 23:31:59

Thank you. -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/26/2012 postreply 07:29:11

I thought it is 東大門:)) Nice travel blog! -Crystaldowns- 給 Crystaldowns 發送悄悄話 Crystaldowns 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/26/2012 postreply 05:42:59

You are right. It is 東大門. It's correct in the -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (50 bytes) () 06/26/2012 postreply 07:28:45

Thanks for pointing it out.. -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/26/2012 postreply 07:32:08

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”