新奧兒良:Carriage Ride, Mardi Gras Masks & More (Pictures)

來源: Gardenia_On_The_Bay 2012-04-26 06:33:33 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (10026 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ Gardenia_On_The_Bay ] 在 2012-04-28 19:30:20 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

New Orleans, to most people, would conjure up images of Voodoo magic and vampires. Here I am taking you to experience this magical city through my own eyes.

My plane landed at New Orleans, the Big Easy, close to 10pm on Saturday (April 21). The minute I stepped into a taxi, I started experiencing the hospitality. The driver was quite chatty, even though I was straining my ears to understand his English :-)..

I had about half a day to myself today. So what's the best usage of time when one gets half a day in this fascinating city steeped in a history that's heavily influenced by the Europeans, Caribbeans and Africans and rich in cultures, food, and music? The answer I picked was the French Quarter, perhaps the oldest neighborhood in New Orleans.

The last time I set my feet in the French Quarter was back in 2005 (Please see my previous blog A Photo Journal Of The Little Global Trotters (I) (pictures)). Given the capacity of my memory center, it makes every sense for a revisit :-). Fortunately, my hotel, the Marriott on Canal Street, is only a few blocks away from the French Quarter. So I started in that direction with a leisurely stroll..

This is Canal Street intersecting Decantur/Magazine Street where a turn on Decantur needs to be made to get towards the French Quarter. I loved the palm trees lining the street..

On Decantur Street, I found this window display quite unique of the House Of Blues..

Finally, Jackson Square, the heart of the French Quarter...

Looking outward from the Square, upstairs and beyond is the Mississippi river..

A closer look at the riverside walk.. I was amazed at the density of the people along the bank..

Now the river..

Turning around from the river bank, crossing the railway and up a flight of stairs would get you this view..

I decided to ride a carriage drawn by this beautiful mule to explore more of the Quarter..

The driver/tour guide was a creole born and raised in New Orleans.. He had quite a sense of humor and great knowledge of the history.. It was a very pleasant ride..

Views from the carriage ride..The last one is the oldest bar in New Orleans, still serving up a happy crowd...

I extracted a few elements from my short exploration of the bustling French Quarter..

I - Mardi Gras Masks

I was amazed at the vast variety of the masks..

How do I look in these? :-)

II - People Watching In The French Quarter

It's safe to say that people visiting the French Quarter are from all over the world. I certainly overheard languages I did not understand..

Yes, those were drinks/beer on hands.. People were really taking it easy in the Big Easy :-)

III - "Window" Shoppin In The French Quater

Coloful displays really added to the festival and laid-back atmosphere..

IV - Wrought Iron Balcony

This element of the New Orleans architecture is very romantic, and it's what I love most about the buildings and houses of the Big Easy..

There are a couple of other unique elements about New Orleans I'd like to share. However, this blog, I am afraid, is getting a bit too lengthy, so I will leave them for next time..

As for now, good night, everyone..

請在這閱讀我的更多的博客文章

- 吃在Santa Fe - 完結片(圖)

- 聖達菲之行 (四)

- The Big Easy Continued... (Pictures)

- Beijing & Tokyo: A Little Guilt Pleasure (Pictures)

- 小小畫家畫廊(Part II)

所有跟帖: 

還在New Orleans. 所以也算現場 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (11 bytes) () 04/26/2012 postreply 06:50:40

很好看,看來那兒已經沒有水災的痕跡了. -刀爺爺- 給 刀爺爺 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 04/26/2012 postreply 07:42:28

是的。not a trace:-) -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/26/2012 postreply 08:32:51

Leaving tomorrow. Goodbye, New Orleans.. -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/26/2012 postreply 20:20:19

半夜三更起來趕飛機,現在終於坐上了。, -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/27/2012 postreply 03:58:03

哈哈。我和你一樣, 也喜歡拍小店門口的模特和漂亮衣服的照片。 -kaixinniao- 給 kaixinniao 發送悄悄話 kaixinniao 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/27/2012 postreply 00:44:09

握手:-)。衣服很能反應一方的風情。 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (28 bytes) () 04/27/2012 postreply 03:01:11

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”