重帖- 吃在Santa Fe - 第一天(圖

來源: Gardenia_On_The_Bay 2012-04-12 07:19:20 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (7302 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ Gardenia_On_The_Bay ] 在 2012-04-14 16:07:13 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

My hu*****and wanted to come to Santa Fe, NM, last year while we were planning for a summer vacation. However, our friends with whom we were planning the vacation together did not quite like the idea of spending a week in a little place like Santa Fe. So we decided on Vancouver. Then misfortune struck such that my hu*****and broke his leg while playing soccer just a week prior to the scheduled trip to Vancouver. My friends ended up going to Vancouver all by themselves, and we ended up staying home waiting for his recovery.

Now this year my hu*****and brought Santa Fe back onto the list when we were contemplating where to go for my daughter's spring break. So Santa Fe it was.

We arrived in Santa Fe on April 3 late at night and would stay here for a week.

Quite a few people have suggested that I blog in Chinese. However, that's pretty difficult for me to oblige given how slow my Chinese typing is. So I brokered a deal with my hu*****and - he would write the main blog for the trip in Chinese, while I would focus on food and shopping.

This posting would detail our culinary experience during our first day in Santa Fe.

The history of Santa Fe is deeply entwined with the native Americans and the Spaniards, and the New Mexican cuisine reflects that history. I am no expert on history or the culinary art, however, I know a delicious food when I eat one :-)..

We spent the first day strolling the downtown area, mostly the Plaza, and the Railyard District.

Even though this blog would be focused on food, I could not resist the temptation to introduce the unique architectural style and color palettes of the region. They help set the context for the cuisine.

The Adobe style of architecture is what defines Santa Fe...I love the warm earthy tone, and in this picture, it contrasts the blue sky above and the flower tree in the front..

The warm color palette is equally characteristic of New Mexico..Look at all the colors from this little shop..

Now the food..

We had our lunch at the Flying Star Cafe right by the railway track in the Railyard district..

This is the interior of the Cafe, rich in warm colors..

My order - a salad that tasted heavenly, simply refreshing.. The walnut used among the ingredients, to me, was, in Chinese, the "點睛之筆".

This is the description of the salad from the menu..

My hu*****and had its Roadrunner Sandwich. The side salad went very well with it. I took quite a few bites, and to me, the "點睛之筆" here was the green chili pepper it used in the sandwich..

The kids split an order of fish and chips. Tasted good but not something characteristic of Santa Fe..

For dinner, we chose La Boca, a Spanish tapas restaurant located in the heart of downtown Santa Fe (72 W. Marcy Street).

The ambiance is intimate and lively. The night we were there, there was live entertainment as well. We were sitting on the table right by the white divider.

We ordered six tapas to share. Everyone of them was tasty and just perfect..

This is Tuna tartare...

... Ensalada de pera (butter lettuce with fresh pears, carbrales blue cheese, candied walnuts and pomegranate vinaigrette)..

... Boquerones (Spanish white anchovies marinated in white wine, garlic and olive oil)..

... Tapas trios (hummus, red-pepper almond romesco, goat cheese with spinach, raisins, capers, served with house-made yogurt flatbread)..

... Herb marinated chicken breast with spinach-artichoke-manchego cream)..

and the final one, a salmon dish, was really ordered for my son, who was eating nothing but the complimentary bread. It was one of "Today's Specials". We requested the sauce to be on the side out of concern that my son would not like the sauce..The salmon turned out to be a winner for both of my kids. They loved it but not the sauce :-)..

This concludes the parade of our dinner orders..

We strolled back to the Plaza after dinner..

It was a perfect first day!

Thanks for reading and good night!

請在這閱讀我的更多的博客文章

- 膽大的兒女,膽小的媽媽 (Picture)

- 一件舊衣

- 看姐姐和弟弟比如何(圖)

- 小小畫家畫廊(Part II)

- 把我變成青蛙

所有跟帖: 

數班,現在重帖。請把下麵的帖子珊掉。謝謝。 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/12/2012 postreply 07:21:14

遵旨! ---1234567-- 給 --1234567- 發送悄悄話 --1234567- 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/12/2012 postreply 07:59:24

謝了! -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/12/2012 postreply 08:45:35

很喜歡第一張和最後 -也想說話- 給 也想說話 發送悄悄話 (45 bytes) () 04/12/2012 postreply 10:47:41

Thanks. -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/14/2012 postreply 14:53:10

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”