一雙兒女遊世界(續)

來源: Gardenia_On_The_Bay 2012-02-22 21:23:22 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (8881 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ Gardenia_On_The_Bay ] 在 2012-02-22 21:26:21 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

This is Part II of the photo journal I've put together for my two little global trotters. The first one was posted here earlier this month. Here is the link (http://bbs.wenxuecity.com/travel/316437.html) continuity.

2007 was the year we did not get to do any traveling.

Our first trip in 2008 was in February. We took our daughter only for a short ski trip to Salt Lake City. It would be her first time on the slope. However, disaster struck in the sense that all three of us, especially the two grown-ups, came down with a severe flu. We pretty much had to stay in the hotel the whole time we were there. We did manage to get her to a ski area but only to play with snow a little bit.

Then came my son's first plane ride. We took him and his sister trans-Atlantic to Europe in late August/early September 2008. We visited the Nordic countries, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Norway and Sweden in a span of 3 weeks. The cities we visited were Amsterdam, Brussels, Copenhagen, Bergen and Stockholm. One interesting note is that the one place the kids consistently visited and had fun was a playground in each city! Kids would always be kids:-). I wrote up a thick journal chronicling the details of the trip afterwards with the intention that the kids could read it at an older age, since I doubt they, especially my son, would remember much of the trip..

This is the Dam Square in Amsterdam. My daughter had fun feeding pigeons on the Square. My son was picking up a pigeon food, which he actually ate!

Amsterdam is known as the "Venice of the North". We took a boat tour on the canal and snapped the pictures below.

We saw this hot dog stand outside a museum and found its banner, exclaiming it's "Real American Hot Dog", extremely amusing.

The next stop for us was Brussels. This is the Royal Palace. No offense, but I had to change my son's diaper here. If a kid got to poo, he got to poo :-)

Perhaps the most famous little person in Brussels.

The kids playing in the city square in Brugge, a charming little town just off Brussels.

Brugge was another high light of our trip, in my view. Don't you love the cobble stone street and the laid-back river! So quaint and so much history..

We then went from Brussels to Copenhagen. Tivoli Garden is beautiful, especially during night. Too bad that our camera was not good enough to capture the night lights. My daughter also had her first taste of cotton candy at Tivoli Garden...

We took a side trip, while in Copenhagen, to a nearby little town, Dragor. Most of the houses there still retain the viking style thatched roof.

The town people of Dragor have a history of curiosity and had fondness for neighborhood gossips :-). We spotted a spy mirror on a house. The mirror was used to "spy" on neighbors from inside the house.

If there was one thing we should have done differently in Copenhagen, it would be to charge the camera battery before our visit to the Little Mermaid statue by the sea. I didn't realize that my camera was out of battery until my daughter was posing with the staue! You see, Ariel was and still is her favorite princess. Though the statue has no resemblance to the Disney version of the Little Mermaid, my daughter was still quite thrilled to see it. I had to ask a fellow tourist from the US to take a picture of my daughter with the statue. However, she must have lost the strip of paper with my email address, since we have never received the photo from her.

From Copenhagen, we went to Bergen. Bergen is really my favorite among the cities we visited on this trip. See how gorgeous the scenery is in the picture below.

The next picture captures the view from the apartment we rented there.

We did a Fjord tour, and our camera did not really do justice to the breathtaking scenery.

We spotted this lonely yellow house along our way on the boat. It makes you wonder about who would be living there and what it would be like to live surrounded by all this nature...

At the end of the Fjord tour, we took a train along the Flam railway. There was a gorgeous water fall along the way. The train stopped to let everyone to see the fall. It may not be the Niagara Fall, but it's nevertheless breathtaking :-).

The charming quaint railway station at Flam.

Our last stop was Stockholm.

I just love the picture below. It really epitomizes the Nordic experience.

This marks the end of the Euro trip.

To Be Continued.

You are welcome to check out my blog at http://blog.wenxuecity.com/myblog/58070/

所有跟帖: 

沒有人喜歡我的故事? -Gardenia_on_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_on_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_on_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/23/2012 postreply 11:31:07

哈哈,在你博客已經看完了。 -winterfreez- 給 winterfreez 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/23/2012 postreply 12:42:15

回複:哈哈,在你博客已經看完了。 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (381 bytes) () 02/23/2012 postreply 14:30:52

很多人(包括我)懶,看到英文就不好好讀了。能寫成中文嗎? -tang07059- 給 tang07059 發送悄悄話 tang07059 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/23/2012 postreply 11:38:06

回複:很多人(包括我)懶,看到英文就不好好讀了。能寫成中文嗎? -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (788 bytes) () 02/23/2012 postreply 14:33:48

回複:回複:很多人(包括我)懶,看到英文就不好好讀了。能寫成中文嗎? -kaixinniao- 給 kaixinniao 發送悄悄話 kaixinniao 的博客首頁 (67 bytes) () 02/24/2012 postreply 04:23:24

還有峽彎的照片嗎,挪威境內是怎麽走的?謝謝好貼! -南極人- 給 南極人 發送悄悄話 南極人 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/23/2012 postreply 11:51:24

回複:還有峽彎的照片嗎,挪威境內是怎麽走的?謝謝好貼! -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (750 bytes) () 02/23/2012 postreply 14:36:21

回複:還有峽彎的照片嗎,挪威境內是怎麽走的?謝謝好貼! -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (267 bytes) () 02/24/2012 postreply 11:10:20

發帖就是這樣,有人看最好,沒人看全當自娛自樂。不過你的遊記很好呀 -keeper- 給 keeper 發送悄悄話 keeper 的博客首頁 (38 bytes) () 02/23/2012 postreply 18:02:09

多謝啟發:-) -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/23/2012 postreply 21:16:46

I wonder how much little kids appreciate history, cultures, arts -Redfernbus- 給 Redfernbus 發送悄悄話 Redfernbus 的博客首頁 (307 bytes) () 02/23/2012 postreply 19:59:03

回複:I wonder how much little kids appreciate history, cultures, a -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (416 bytes) () 02/23/2012 postreply 21:21:18

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”