昨天攜兒帶女出去玩

來源: Gardenia_On_The_Bay 2012-02-20 11:42:53 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4681 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ Gardenia_On_The_Bay ] 在 2012-02-21 19:16:59 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

My hu*****and and I used to be avid hikers, but with the birth of the kids, especially the second one, we had not been to the trails very often. My hu*****and's leg injury last year did not help with the cause either.

However, I had been thinking about resuming the activity lately, and the long weekend provided an excellent opportunity to do so, especially given how sunny the weather was..

Since the last hiking trip we made was more than one year ago, we decided that we would start small by taking to an easy trail.

Bikes were loaded, and we set off after lunch.

The trail we picked runs along a huge reservoir. The water, especially with the pampas grass in the foreground, looked so gorgeous under the sun. For reasons I don't even know myself, I always have a soft spot for pampas grass in my heart. It brings about elegance and romance.

The trail is paved, perfect for little kids biking along. Both kids had lots of fun riding their bicycles on the trail.

At a young age of 4, my son has a surprising appreciation for natural beauty. He would stop here and there along the way to look at the sceneray. We were amused by his precocious comments on how beautiful this or that was.

There are pampas grass throughout the trail, not just on the water side. I simply could not resist its temptation:-).

We stopped for a rest about 1 mile into the trail, where we happily ran into a friend of my daughter's. Her family had the same idea, tempted by the gorgeous weather to take a stroll along the trail. The girls and boys played together and had a great time. My daughter also tried to be a photographer, hoping to capture the beautiful things on camera.

My daughter's friend shared with her the acorns she collected along the trail, and that set off my daughter's pursuit of the same for the rest of the hiking/biking.

On our way back to the trail head, the sun had started setting. I captured the pampas grass in this different light.

My daughter collected 11 carefully-sought acorns, on last count. Even though I am sometimes amazed at how fast she has grown, from that little baby to a now quite articulate young lady, I was once again reminded that she was still a little girl by the question she posed to me for confirmation. She asked, "Mom, there are so many acorns. That means Totoro is for real, correct?"

As you may know, Totoro is the forest spirit in the classic Japanese anime, "My Neighbor Totoro". He carries around a sack of acorns everywhere. It always leaves a trail of acorns because there is a hole on the sack..

At the end, both kids exclaimed that they had a great time. And "It's exhausting!", my son added.

Both fell asleep on the drive home.

You are welcome to check out my blog at http://blog.wenxuecity.com/myblog/58070/

所有跟帖: 

大冬天裏能有這樣的氣候,真讓人羨慕啊!幸福的一家! -keeper- 給 keeper 發送悄悄話 keeper 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/20/2012 postreply 12:00:21

回複:大冬天裏能有這樣的氣候,真讓人羨慕啊!幸福的一家! -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (409 bytes) () 02/20/2012 postreply 15:55:38

Your English writing is so good. Thanks for sharing. -aranjuez- 給 aranjuez 發送悄悄話 aranjuez 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/20/2012 postreply 13:36:45

回複:Your English writing is so good. Thanks for sharing. -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (207 bytes) () 02/20/2012 postreply 15:57:19

crystal springs! -3wa- 給 3wa 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/20/2012 postreply 14:44:27

回複:crystal springs! -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (39 bytes) () 02/20/2012 postreply 15:57:57

Children are godsend, meant to tie you up and wear you down. The -Redfernbus- 給 Redfernbus 發送悄悄話 Redfernbus 的博客首頁 (74 bytes) () 02/20/2012 postreply 15:04:18

回複:Children are godsend, meant to tie you up and wear you down. -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (296 bytes) () 02/20/2012 postreply 16:01:33

Beautiful and peaceful. -Crystaldowns- 給 Crystaldowns 發送悄悄話 Crystaldowns 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/21/2012 postreply 05:47:55

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”