Indians do think they are the second, the first goes to USA

來源: chengxing 2005-11-24 15:06:38 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1900 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ chengxing ] 在 2005-11-25 19:53:58 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
When leaving Bodhgaya, I made a deal with a tour company to hire a car with a driver and a tour guide. The guide was a handsome young man and the driver was a very quite person. It should be a pleasure trip back to Rajgir, from where I can take train back to Calcutta. It turned out to be a funny trip. I really got shocked quite a few times. My guide was from an up class, he told me that in his first few sentences. His proud showed up from beginning, but I don't know if it did last to the end.
I was really surprised when he told me that India is the second largest country in the world. "Do you mean population?" I asked. "No, I mean the land" he said. "What about Russia, Canada and China?" "No, No, No, USA is the biggest country in the world and India is the second largest" "From where do you learn about this?" I cannot help to be shocked. This young man from the up Indian class thinks that his country is the second largest in the world and the USA is the biggest one. "Our teacher told us in the school" he answered. I am speechless. What kind of teacher is this?
He was keeping showing up his up-class. I am really not interested. When it was lunch time, I discussed with him that we can eat separately since I was not obliged to pay their lunch. I know that a lunch in India cost nothing. Besides I really want to be quite for sometime instead of listening his nonsense. It turned out to be a big mistake since this guy did not buy any drink for the poor driver when it was over 45C on the road. It was too late when I realized it, the car hit a tree. I was safe, so was the driver, but the guide got hurt and was bleeding. I found the closed shop to get a few bottles of water; the driver finished one bottle within few seconds. I paid the guide quite some US$ but he did not even get some water for the driver. I can only blame myself, what can I say?
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”