life of pi

來源: HappyE 2017-11-19 18:39:33 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (7861 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ HappyE ] 在 2017-11-19 18:40:11 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

分享一下life of pi和本書中我非常喜歡的一些句子。這本書包含了對人生,宗教,人性的深刻思考和探索,是我最喜歡的書之一。有空再寫讀書筆記。

“It is true that those we meet can change us, sometimes so profoundly that we are not the same afterwards, even unto our names.”

“I must say a word about fear. It is life's only true opponent. Only fear can defeat life. It is a clever, treacherous adversary, how well I know. It has no decency, respects no law or convention, shows no mercy. It goes for your weakest spot, which it finds with unnerving ease. It begins in your mind, always ... so you must fight hard to express it. You must fight hard to shine the light of words upon it. Because if you don't, if your fear becomes a wordless darkness that you avoid, perhaps even manage to forget, you open yourself to further attacks of fear because you never truly fought the opponent who defeated you.”

“When you've suffered a great deal in life, each additional pain is both unbearable and trifling.”

“It's important in life to conclude things properly. Only then can you let go. Otherwise you are left with words you should have said but never did, and your heart is heavy with remorse.”

“If you stumble about believability, what are you living for? Love is hard to believe, ask any lover. Life is hard to believe, ask any scientist. God is hard to believe, ask any believer. What is your problem with hard to believe?”

“You must take life the way it comes at you and make the best of it.”

“The world isn't just the way it is. It is how we understand it, no? And in understanding something, we bring something to it, no?

Doesn't that make life a story?”

“You might think I lost all hope at that point. I did. And as a result I perked up and felt much better.”

“These people fail to realize that it is on the inside that God must be defended, not on the outside. They should direct their anger at themselves. For evil in the open is but evil from within that has been let out. The main battlefield for good is not the open ground of the public arena but the small clearing of each heart.”

“All living things contain a measure of madness that moves them in strange, sometimes inexplicable ways. This madness can be saving; it is part and parcel of the ability to adapt. Without it, no species would survive.”

“Hindus, in their capacity for love, are indeed hairless Christians, just as Muslims, in the way they see God in everything, are bearded Hindus, and Christians, in their devotion to God, are hat wearing Muslims.”

“Life will defend itself no matter how small it is.”

“If Christ spent an anguished night in prayer, if He burst out from the Cross, 'My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?' then surely we are also permitted doubt. But we must move on. To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.”

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!