There are shoe repair shops in US

來源: Yangtsz 2012-07-15 12:59:21 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2000 bytes)

Rather then throwing away old pairs and buying new ones , I have taken the approach of repairing my favourite old shoes in the recent years. It may cost as much as buying a new pair but it is good for the environment, for supporting small business and for the comfort of my feet. To my surprise there are many people who regularly repair shoes whom I meet in the neighborhood shop. Not everyone in US has bought into the fast consumption culture. For example the mayor of New York Mr. Bloomberg has worn two pair o of work shoes for 10 years:

"The mayor owns only two pairs of work shoes," his spokesman, Stu Loeser, told The Post. "One day he'll wear one, the next the other -- and when they get worn down, he has them resoled."

The two pairs of classic black loafers -- one tasseled, the other penny loafers -- predate his tenure as mayor and both are so well worn, with labels so long gone, that even Hizzoner himself can't remember what brand they are.

Mayor Bloomberg's shoes
Dan Brinzac
Mayor Bloomberg's shoes

"He could buy any shoes he wanted, but he likes these," Loeser said. "They are comfortable, and they work, so he says there's no need for a new pair."

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”