腿形不錯,菜色次之,英文嘛... 

來源: 劉劉粉 2012-06-13 14:27:51 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (10622 bytes)
回答: 再訪北京-散紀外加真人秀Gardenia_On_The_Bay2012-06-12 06:58:54

1.       Monotonous sentence structures.  In the short passage, at least 7 sentences have “it was…”

Well, IT WAS a bad habit.

I further noticed another sentence pattern – a sentence + comma + a supplementary phrase. I don’t know if this proper, but it definitely seems repetitive and predictive:)

a.       I touched down at Beijing International Airport on Saturday afternoon, more than slightly dazed for which a John Grisham novel was to blame..

b.      I felt the slight irritation in my nose and throat the minute I stepped out of the airport,

not an assuring sign for good air quality at all.

c.  It was a set of nice little snacks, courtesy of Marriott.. 

2.       Redundant expressions:

a.       It's as if the very fact of talking about allergy medication would make my wishful thinking of an allergy a fact.

àIt's as if talking about allergy medication would make my wishful thinking a fact.

b.      I felt the slight irritation in my nose and throat the minute I stepped out of the airport…

à My nose and throat felt slightly irritated in the minute I stepped out of the airport…

3.       Grammar:

a.       and only then I realized that…

è and only then did I realize that…

Don’t know how well these comments will be received. Probably I should focus on Hanhan’s writing more. Hahah~

所有跟帖: 

oops! predictable. Not predictive. -劉劉粉- 給 劉劉粉 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/13/2012 postreply 14:41:03

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”