You really can't choose where to live!

來源: elfie 2023-05-02 12:51:24 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2047 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ elfie ] 在 2023-05-02 13:11:13 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
回答: 空巢後聊養孩子的那些事burpeejump2023-05-01 21:05:52

We had to go to a place that provides the kind of jobs that my husband can do. And he's military, his job must be related with military and be on post. So yeah, we live in a mid sized miliatry town in the Southeast, not having much to do during the school year. We're busy at work and kids are at school. And we don't like traveling with multiple kids. It's expensive and tiresome, and it's daunting to me to even think about it. Flight tickets and hotels would cost $$$, driving would wear me out. Generally we cannot afford that kind of luxury.  This is America, paid leaves for federal workers are very limited. And for hourly workers, not working and vacationing is super expensive. We're in both categories. He's full time, I am part time.  Vacation drains household income quickly. Few people can afford more than a couple of weeks of unpaid leaves. 

Kumon is good for elementary level math, and to get little kids start reading. After a certain level, level G to my opinion, it should be stopped. AoPS is better. 

Music is equivalant to brain candy, I don't mind paying for the lessons even though I don't expect anything out of it and I don't get involved in tutoring or pushing them. It is good for them to simply get the few lessons every week. My daughter loves playing violin and piano. I don't care if she will ever be able to play like a professional. I just want her to keep going.  I don't even care to listen to my kids playing their instruments because sometimes it doesn't sound that good, lol.  It's gonna be their hobby, not mine. Btw, music lessons in person and online are ranged from $25 to 35/ hr, so I can afford that. My two kids get total 3 to 4 hours of music lessons per week. If we go to Disney for a weekend, it costs 50 times of the music lessons in a week. It's a whopping whole year's cost of piano, violin, Taekwando for a three days vacation.

所有跟帖: 

It is a give or take. No one has the perfect solution. -twinGirls_95- 給 twinGirls_95 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/02/2023 postreply 13:18:29

thank you for sharing! consider national/state/city parks -burpeejump- 給 burpeejump 發送悄悄話 burpeejump 的博客首頁 (108 bytes) () 05/02/2023 postreply 20:50:47

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”