請不要給狗狗吃骨頭。尤其是雞鴨等家禽骨頭!!! 僅供參考!

來源: 家內副主 2016-06-30 07:16:56 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (12693 bytes)

U.S. Food and Drug Administration

No Bones About It: Reasons Not to Give Your Dog Bones
No Bones for Dogs

You’ve just finished a big weekend family dinner and you are wondering what to do with the bones from the ham and roast, when in trots your big black Labrador Retriever. It’s hard to resist those longing, puppy-dog eyes.

Your veterinarian has told you it’s a bad idea to give bones to your dog, but you’ve done so in the past with no harm done.

What to do?

Pet Illnesses Reported

“Some people think it’s OK to give dogs large bones to chew on” says Carmela Stamper, a veterinarian in the Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM) at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). “But giving your dog a bone might lead to an unexpected trip to your veterinarian, a possible emergency surgery, or even death for your pet.”

FDA has received about 35 reports of pet illnesses related to bone treats and seven reports of product problems, such as bones shattering when pulled from their packaging. The reports, sent in by pet owners and veterinarians, involved about 45 dogs.

A variety of commercially-available bone treats for dogs—including treats described as “Ham Bones,” “Pork Femur Bones,” “Rib Bones,” and “Smokey Knuckle Bones”—were listed in the reports. Many of these products differ from uncooked butcher-type bones because they are processed and packaged for sale as dog treats. The products may be dried through a smoking process or by baking, and may contain other ingredients such as preservatives, seasonings, and smoke flavorings.

Pet owners and veterinarians have reported the following illnesses in dogs that have eaten bone treats:

• Gastrointestinal obstruction (blockage in the digestive tract)
  • Choking
  • Cuts and wounds in the mouth or on the tonsils
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Bleeding from the rectum, and
  • Death. Approximately eight dogs reportedly died after eating a bone treat.

Things You Can Do

Remember that your dog can pick up bones while out on a walk. He could also get into the kitchen trash and eat bones that you may have thrown away. Talk with your veterinarian about other toys or treats that are most appropriate for your dog,” says Stamper. “There are many available products made with different materials for dogs to chew on.”

“We recommend supervising your dog with any chew toy or treat, especially one she hasn’t had before,” adds Stamper. “And if she ‘just isn’t acting right,’ call your veterinarian right away!”

To report a problem with a pet food or treat, please visit FDA’s Web page on “How to Report a Pet Food Complaint” or call CVM at 240-402-7002.

This article appears on FDA's Consumer Updates page, which features the latest on all FDA-regulated products.

Updated June 15, 2015

We've all heard the saying, 'Don't feed your dog chicken bones!' But really, feeding any cooked bone to your dog is dangerous because cooked bones may splinter and damage the stomach and intestines. Raw bones do not normally splinter.

Are Bones Safe to Feed Dogs? - 1800PetMeds®

www.1800petmeds.com/education/are-bones-safe-for-dogs-4.htm
PetMeds

What To Do If Your Dog Ate Chicken Bones | Fun Times Guide to Dogs

https://dogs.thefuntimesguide.com/2006/05/dog_ate_chicken_bones.php
Everyone knows that chicken bones are dangerous for dogs to eat — especially cooked chicken bones — because they're dry & brittle and they splinter into lots of tiny (and sharp!) pieces inside your dog's tummy after they've been chewed and swallowed.

What Do I Do if My Dog Eats a Chicken Bone? | Voyce

voyce.com/blog/medical-monday/what-do-i-do-if-my-dog-eats-chicken-bone
Jul 6, 2015 - Swallowing a chicken bone could be fatal for your dog. Dr. LH explains what to do if this happens to your dog.

When a Dog Eats a Cooked Chicken Bone | Keep the Tail Wagging

keepthetailwagging.com/dont-panic-when-a-dog-eats-a-cooked-chicken-bone/
Jul 14, 2014 - Don’t Panic When a Dog Eats a Cooked Chicken Bone. ... If you came across this post because your dog ate cooked chicken, don’t panic – call your vet immediately! ... Our Dog, Rodrigo, and Cooked Chicken Bones.

Vet Blog : My Dog Has Swallowed a Chicken Bone, Is This A Problem?

www.vetblog.net/2013/07/dog.swallowed.chicken.bone.problem.html
Jul 15, 2013 - I guess you are here reading this article because your dog has swallowed a chicken bone, well relax, most dogs come through this without any ...

What Should I Do If My Dog Ate Chicken Bones? | PetHelpful

pethelpful.com › Dogs › Dog Health Problems
Feb 18, 2016 - My dog ate chicken bones! Learn the best course of action and tips from vets on how to prevent dangerous scraping as the bones pass through.

Help! My Dog Ate Chicken Bones, What do I do? – The Dogington Post

dogingtonpost.com/help-my-dog-ate-chicken-bones-what-do-i-do/
May 11, 2012 - Because cooked bones can splinter in the dog's mouth, throat, and digestive linings; thus, causing serious injury and even death to them, it is very important that you first make sure that right after your pooch has gotten hold of the bones, he is not choking on them.

My dog ate FOURTEEN chicken bones!!!!!!!! - Weddingbee

boards.weddingbee.com/topic/my-dog-ate-fourteen-chicken-bones/

YES! I had the box of left over chicken wings on my bar My cat knocked it off (while I was in the tub) & when I came through I saw it so bent over.

所有跟帖: 

以上引自穀歌。 -家內副主- 給 家內副主 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/30/2016 postreply 07:18:30

生的可以,熟的危險。大狗可以,小狗不行。生食胸骨頸骨脆骨都沒問題。 -柳眉兒- 給 柳眉兒 發送悄悄話 柳眉兒 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/30/2016 postreply 09:13:12

豬骨,牛骨可以嗎?牠不吃買的大骨頭,聞一聞就走開了。 -ycy101- 給 ycy101 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/30/2016 postreply 09:24:28

我家狗狗磨牙用牛角和大棒骨頭,也不吃,隻啃著玩 -柳眉兒- 給 柳眉兒 發送悄悄話 柳眉兒 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/30/2016 postreply 10:01:55

牠不咬買的大骨頭,很喜歡煮過的豬肋骨,吃下去了。 -ycy101- 給 ycy101 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/30/2016 postreply 11:16:27

喜歡很可能是因為有鹽,煮熟的骨頭很危險! -柳眉兒- 給 柳眉兒 發送悄悄話 柳眉兒 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/30/2016 postreply 11:34:07

最好不要給狗狗吃任何骨頭。 -家內副主- 給 家內副主 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/30/2016 postreply 19:00:35

小狗狗的確是不可以的。 -胖胖MM- 給 胖胖MM 發送悄悄話 胖胖MM 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/30/2016 postreply 11:09:03

小卡的breeder警告我們,不能給他任何骨頭 -南揚子- 給 南揚子 發送悄悄話 南揚子 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/30/2016 postreply 12:51:03

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”