You are right on not being picky.

來源: ffppyy 2009-04-16 16:25:05 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (983 bytes)
回答: some thoughts from interviewffppyy2009-04-16 01:38:08
Nobody knows everything.

Since it is a junior position, I always start by asking something like what is your greatest strength in IT, what did you focus on in your graduate study, etc. Then I will ask questions on the field that the candidates think they are best at. We think if a candidate understands his/her projects/thesis well, it means that the candidate is dedicated and has the ability to learn, even if her/his field is quite different from the position.

My point is that one should really know his/her field well, instead of being familiar with many technology but not good at any of them.

This applies for programming languages. For example, we don't use C++. If one candidate is very good at C++, we will hire her/him no matter if she/he has used the languages we are using at all. Our best developer had never touched the languages we use before. We only talked about OOP in general and the languages he was good at during his interview.

所有跟帖: 

嗯,不錯。希望現在的麵試官都象你這麽明智寬鬆就好的。可情況 -戲雨飛鷹- 給 戲雨飛鷹 發送悄悄話 戲雨飛鷹 的博客首頁 (84 bytes) () 04/16/2009 postreply 19:37:31

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”