DZ, 這篇看起來特別親切. 這些地方都在我曾經計劃去的list上

來源: xux 2008-02-09 20:47:11 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1226 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ xux ] 在 2008-02-11 18:01:14 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
說來話長,去年初我老板想把我派去Bangalore office 待上半年. 我想既然Bangalore是印度矽穀,應該還能去,就同意了。So I borrowed all kinds of books, tapes, DVDs... to study about India, where I should go during those 6 months. You went to quite a lot on my list. Anyway, the more I read about India, the more I wonder if I ever want to go there, let along staying there for 6 months.

My assignment ended before it could even start. The India embassy in Chicago would not give me a (business) visa. They didn't deny me either. They just kept telling me to check my visa status tomorrow. They were so openly discriminating Chinese passport travellers (I have U.S. green card) that it was disgusting. After waiting for 3 months and still not able to get a visa, my boss agreed I should withdraw my application. Thus saved me from ever need to go to India.

I have read all about the tricks they do to get more money out of foreigners. But your first hand experience still worth more than anything. I know for sure I can't deal with these kind of people constantly for 6 months. It would drive me insane. Please continue your good work. You did the trip I would like to go but will probably never go myself. Thank you!

所有跟帖: 

sometimes, we have to try at least once:-) -dztang- 給 dztang 發送悄悄話 dztang 的博客首頁 (606 bytes) () 02/10/2008 postreply 13:08:26

xux, 你都做了那麽細致的準備工作,不去一趟實在太可惜了! -邇東- 給 邇東 發送悄悄話 邇東 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/10/2008 postreply 21:11:16

回複:DZ, 這篇看起來特別親切. 這些地方都在我曾經計劃去的list上 -gx123- 給 gx123 發送悄悄話 (23 bytes) () 02/12/2008 postreply 08:17:51

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”