多倫多地鐵見聞

來源: 憨大頭 2024-02-25 17:43:29 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4429 bytes)

多倫多地鐵見聞

20213月舊文

過去,我在多倫多城裏上班十三年,上班乘輕軌和地鐵往返,下午130出發,晚上約一點回家。我很幸運,沒有遇見過種族歧視行為。我乘坐的線路屬於藍領工社區,對南亞人的印象就是他們身上散發一股咖喱味,也許我身上也有中國人的廚味?其實,黑人反倒蠻講究的,雖然他們用香水,但是那種質量比較次的那種。倒是心理障礙者,酒鬼和毒癮者見過不少,怎麽辦?遠離避開他們,一般情況,他們不會主動傷害人。

有時半夜在地鐵上會遇見淘氣的少年,他們會對我做怪象,朝我喊叫,女孩子拉下褲子,屁股朝向我,有白有黑的,然後,集體哄堂大笑,隨後離去。

每個人的經曆各異?我一般在地鐵裏閱讀【聖經】,眼神不與人對視。我記得某天半夜,在地鐵裏見到一位華裔中年男子,穿著老舊,胡子拉碴的。他自我介紹,來自台灣,自己單住,並說自己有心理障礙疾病,住在政府福利房,每天需要服藥,我問“你去教會嗎?” “不常去”他答。後來我們在斯嘉堡站分手,他說“我的父母不喜歡我, 因為我從小不會念書,我今天很感動,因為你一直跟我說話,我常坐地鐵,從來沒有華人搭理我”。其實,我心裏挺難受的。

國外住長了,也改變了我。回想過去,在國內時,我們常常拿身障人士尋開心。另外,誠實人總是被占便宜和受人捉弄。

Subway experience

In the past, I worked in downtown of Toronto for 13 years. Taking the light rail and subway to work, I left home at 1:30pm   and came back home at about one in the midnight. I had never encountered racial discrimination. Occasionally my impression of South Asians was that they smell curry. Maybe I myself also smell spice of cooking.  I did see a lot of people with mental disabilities, alcoholics and drug addicts. What should I do? Stay away from them. Under normal circumstances, they will not take the initiative to hurt people.

Sometimes in the midnight, I met naughty teenagers on the subway. They made strange appearances at me and shout at me. The girls turned their bum at me, and pulled down their pants . Then, they burst into laughter before leaving.

Everyone’s experience is different? I was reading the Bible in the subway, I didn't  do eye contact with people.

I remember one day in the middle of the night, I saw a middle-aged Chinese man in the subway, dressed in old and shabby beard. I said hello to him, He introduced himself, he was from Taiwan, lives alone, and said that he has a mental disorder and needs to take medicine every day. I asked "Are you going to church?" "Don't go often" he replied. Later, we had to say goodbye at Scarborough Station and he said to me, "My parents don’t like me because I didn’t know how to study since I was a child. I am very touched today because you always talk to me. I often take the subway. I often take the subway, and there has never been a Chinese to care about me" . ". Actually, I feel quite uncomfortable. why people so snobby ?

更多我的博客文章>>>
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”