來源: 863211 2020-05-21 15:16:37 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (9790 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 863211 ] 在 2020-05-21 15:25:19 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
回答: 請問8老師1mm2020-05-21 14:07:05

我TN簽證4月11日到期。因疫情,美加邊界關閉,回加拿大後無法再入境美國。如過去邊界正常情況可以出去拿B2再回來。不知道現在如何保持身份合法逗留?不知道是否象H1B一樣有60天的逗留暫緩期?(由於在美有官司處理,又要在美逗留)謝謝!

-Because your TN status (TN I-94) expired, you do not have the grace period of 60 days. Thus, you cannot change your status within US. Why did you file  I-539 to change your status to B2 or ask your employer to file I-129 to extend your TN within US before your TN expired?

You may try to see whether you can go to the US-Canada border to get the new TN (or possible B2) I find the following information from this link and it seems the TN renewal could be done inn some CBP port of entry:

https://www.foley.com/en/insights/publications/2020/04/summary-us-immigration-measures-coronavirus

I.  What are the implications of closing the U.S. border for Canadian and Mexican TN and L-1 visa holders?

On March 21, 2020, the U.S. and Canada issued a joint statement closing the U.S.-Canada land border to “all non-essential” traffic.  The statement defined non-essential travel as “travel that is considered tourism or recreational in nature” such as sightseeing, recreation, gambling or attending cultural events.  Similarly, on March 20, 2020, the U.S. and Mexico issued a joint statement closing the U.S.-Mexico land border to “all non-essential” travel.  The U.S.-Mexico joint statement also identified “non-essential” travel as “travel that is considered tourism or recreational in nature.”  The Canada and Mexico border closing restrictions apply only to land ports of entry, not to air, sea, or rail travel.  For purposes of the U.S.-Canada and U.S.-Mexico border closings, DHS has stated that essential travel includes individuals “travelling to work” in the U.S., which should include foreign nationals on employment-based TN and L-1 status.  Most CBP ports of entry are, for the moment, continuing to process L-1 and TN visa applications as usual.  Nonetheless, L-1 and TN visa applicants should expect detailed questioning at the port of entry about their L-1 and TN employment activities in the U.S., especially questions regarding the essential nature of their U.S.-based employment activities. 

另外,不知道疫情過後,美國短期內還會給TN簽證嗎?好像為了保證美國人就業不再給外國人新的工作簽證?-I don't see anything changed yet. By the way, you has been illegal stay in US since your TN I-94 expired, so you have to leave US as soon as possible. If your overstay in US is > 6 months or > one year, you will be subjected to 3-year or 10-year bar to re-enter US.

所有跟帖: 

非常感謝多年的奉獻! -1mm- 給 1mm 發送悄悄話 1mm 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/22/2020 postreply 08:06:51

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”