來源: 863211 2023-04-22 11:36:29 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2375 bytes)

8老師好,

我之前美國H1b沒有抽到就搬家到加拿大了(同一個雇主),綠卡是搬過來之前申請的EB3, priority date 是2019年2月。我現在人在加拿大,並且綠卡的priority date 也current了,我想問一下是否可以在加拿大申請美國綠卡。謝謝!

-Because you have not got H-1B status before, it is difficult for you to come to US to file I-485. If you enter US using B2 status, you need to stay in US at least 90 days to file I-485. Also, because you have immigrant intent, it is very dificult for you to get B2 visa or enter US using B2 visa. So, it seems you have to apply for the immigrant visa outside US using consular processing.

Are you a permanen resident of Canada or a Canadian citizen? If no, you cannot apply for the immigrant visa in Canada because consular processing must be processed in the alien’s country of permanent residence or home country.

So, you may have to ask your employer to file I-824 to ask USCIS to forward the approved I-140 to the National Visa Center (NVC) for processing for you to apply for the immigrant visa in China if you are not a permanent resident of Canada/Canadian citizen. If you are a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, then ask your employer to file I-824 for consular processing in Canada.

Discuss it with your employer and the lawyer!

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”