renew chinese passport at New York and maintain 加拿大永久居民

來源: ma_flower 2010-05-18 09:08:09 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2735 bytes)
Hope this update is useful for the followings:

I went to Canadian Consulate at New York on May 17. The consulate opens at 8:00am, though its office time begins 9:00am, but the guard will organize the line and do security check from 8:00am.

One thing to notice: Canadian Consulate only accept money orders, and exactly US$50. I bought CAD$50 according to currency exchange rate at BOA on May 15, which it is $50.61. The guard doesn't let me in. Damp it. So I have to go to BOA branch at Rock filler Center (very close) to buy another one. Or if you can buy money order at the “,,, readie”, a store is just at the basement of the same building of Canadian Consulate. I was not lucky, because it sold out that day. Somebody paid $47 money order, but my case is $50 for travel document. Does anybody know exactly how much US dollar? I found the official document online said the application fee for travel document is CAD$50.

Make sure you have a complete application document, photo, money order, and passport. Then take security check. Before you went into the waiting room, the guard will give you a call number according to your application type, for example A** is for visitor visa, G** is for permanent resident issue. Then he told you to line up to the reception window, and hand out all your application documents. After that you will sit down to wait for call. When you are called to specific window, you go there to talk with consultant. Most case is that you have to wait after talking. Waiting for the visa issued. This time you have to sit in front of the waiting area or stand in front of it because the radio is unclear. When someone calls multiple numbers to take visa, it is hard to identify. If you find the guys took the visa but he was actually behind you to talk with consultant, you have to talk with the guy at reception window to let them double check your case!! otherwise they may forget. In my case, there are total 2 G** cases in the morning. There are a lot of people behind us to receive the visa, but we don't . So we went there to talk with the guy, then visa comes real fast. I believe they forget there are G** type.

BTW, the CA guy told me I can apply Travel document multiple times, I don't know he is correct or not, or just applied, but not used. I have no idea. But I do get a R1 type a visa, which says I am Permanent Resident of CA.

Then I went to chinese consulate in the afternoon. The whole process is very smooth, I went in around 1:40pm and come out at 2:30pm. The lady let me write a declaration to say I am not a CA citizen, and apply R1 Visa as a permanent resident. That it.

So you keep your maple card and also renew the passport.

所有跟帖: 

回複:renew chinese passport at New York and maintain 加拿大永久居民 -goldenoct- 給 goldenoct 發送悄悄話 (189 bytes) () 07/08/2010 postreply 18:58:47

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”