China Commerce Ministry Says Will Take 'Resolute Countermeas


[source image]
Dow Jones NewsApr 3, 2:50 AM UTC
China Commerce Ministry Says Will Take 'Resolute Countermeasures' to Tariffs

China will take "resolute" countermeasures against Trump administration tariffs on Chinese goods in order to protect its interests, the country's Commerce Ministry said Thursday.

 

The ministry made the statement after Trump said the U.S. will impose an additional 34% levy on Chinese goods, on top of the 20% tariff imposed earlier this year.

 

"China urges the U.S. to immediately revoke its unilateral tariff measures and work with trading partners to resolve differences through fair and constructive dialogue," said the ministry, without specifying details on the countermeasures.

 

The commerce ministry said the U.S. reciprocal tariffs "violate international trade rules, severely infringe on the legitimate rights of relevant parties, and represent a typical act of unilateral bullying."

 

It also said the tariff increase will not resolve problems in the U.S., but rather harm the country's own interests, disrupt global economic development and threaten the stability of supply chains.

 

"There are no winners in a trade war, and protectionism is not a viable path forward," it said in a statement on its website.

Write to Singapore editors at singaporeeditors@dowjones.com

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

 

April 02, 2025 22:50 ET (02:50 GMT)

 
Copyright © 2025 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

所有跟帖: 

天朝人民是“不惜一切代價”的堅強後盾 -moneytalks- 給 moneytalks 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 04/02/2025 postreply 20:12:17

恒生並沒有稀裏嘩啦的衝下去 lol -rossyyy- 給 rossyyy 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 04/02/2025 postreply 20:25:27

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!