美國媽媽為救兒女失去雙腿

來源: 倚門回首 2012-03-07 19:22:57 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4929 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 倚門回首 ] 在 2012-03-14 11:34:26 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
   這兩天美國中西部刮龍卷風,晚上傑明在網上看到一則新聞,分享給輕舟和孩子們,相當感人,遂記錄下來與大家分享:

昨天下午(3月6日),因為天氣預報龍卷風將襲擊美國印第安納州,36歲的媽媽斯特福妮(Stephanie Decker)提前到學校,將她的八歲和五歲的孩子接回家。龍卷風襲擊時,他們三人躲進地下室。

“風很大。。。玻璃全破了,接著整個房子在搖晃。”斯特福妮立即決定要保全孩子的性命,她用毯子將兩個孩子裹好,然後將自己的身子躺靠在孩子們身上。

“很快各種各樣的東西打到她的後背:柱、梁、家具,一切都撞在我的背上。。。我的孩子在尖叫,‘媽媽,我不能沒有你,我不要死,不要讓我死。。。我要你救我。’”斯特福妮不停地祈禱,並不斷地對孩子們說:“我們不會死,我們能夠活下來。”

她意識到雙腳被壓得很疼,似乎已經斷了,感覺生命奄奄一息時,她拿出手機,拍了錄像,並留言告訴她先生,她很愛他,也很愛孩子,若她發生意外離世。。。她接著祈禱自己能夠活下來;孩子們成長需要媽媽,她不願意孩子們失去媽媽。(I prayed to have the strength to survive, that I want these kids to have a mom and I did not want them to grow up without me.)

她的禱告得到神的垂聽,在她幾乎昏闕的時候,鄰居來她家幫忙,找來警察,立即用止血帶幫助斯特福妮止住腿上的血。

斯特福妮的房子被龍卷風完全摧垮了,她本人在手術後失去了雙腿,而兩個孩子安然無恙,沒有任何傷痕。

最新的采訪視頻,母親斯特福妮談到她雖然失去雙腿,但孩子們一毛不損,她毫無怨言。。。

英雄母親對孩子的獻身的愛,舍己,勇敢,無怨無悔,不是嗎?

英文新聞原文:
An Indiana mom who saved her children's lives by shielding them with her own body during a tornado has lost parts of both of her legs.

36-year-old Stephanie Decker said in an interview with Fox59 that she picked her children, 8-year-old Dominic and 5-year-old Reese, up early from school when she heard the storm was approaching. They were in the family's basement when the storm hit.

"There was wind like I had never seen wind before," Decker said. "Then the glass broke, and as soon as the glass broke the whole house started shifting."

Decker made a split-second decision to save her children, tying them up in a blanket and throwing herself on top of them.

"Everything started hitting my back: pillars, beams, furniture, everything was just slamming into my back," she said. "(My children) were screaming, 'Mommy I can't live without you, I don't want to die, please don't let me die.' And I said, 'We are not going to die, we are going to make it.' "

Miraculously, her children emerged from the storm completely unscathed. Decker lost one leg above the knee and the other above the ankle.

"When I looked down and looked at my leg and realized either it was cut off or it was barely attached, I took my phone and made a video to my hu*****and telling him that I loved him, and my children that I loved them, in case something were to happen," Decker said. "I prayed to have the strength to survive, that I want these kids to have a mom and I did not want them to grow up without me."

Her prayers were answered when she was rescued by a neighbor. He ran for help and found a deputy sheriff traveling on a four-wheeler about a quarter of a mile away. 

The deputy applied tourniquets to Decker's legs to halt her blood loss.

She has been scheduled to undergo surgery on her legs again Thursday, hospital spokeswoman Holly Hinson said.

The Decker's house was completely destroyed.

Stephanie's hu*****and Joe said it was "pretty amazing" his wife was able to survive

"I told her, 'They're here because of you,'" Joe Decker told The Associated Press by telephone from the University of Louisville Hospital. "I let her know that nothing else matters. I said, 'You're going to be here for your kids, and you get to see them grow up.'"

請閱讀更多我的博客文章>>>
  • 美國媽媽為救兒女失去雙腿
  • 惠斯特·休斯頓離世 -- 天籟的嗓音,糜爛的生活
  • 俺是驢(包你笑到肚子疼)(轉)
  • 瘦身小訣竅(輕舟版本)
  • 嚴歌苓 - 理想主義女作家(轉)
  • 所有跟帖: 

別等到意識到雙腳被壓得很疼才祈禱,教訓啊!早點禱告就沒事了,最好時時刻刻都禱告 -ba12nd- 給 ba12nd 發送悄悄話 ba12nd 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/07/2012 postreply 20:02:57

故事是好的。但最後那句太過蛇足。“不是嗎”更是摸著小孩頭說話的感覺,讓老廊們情何以堪。 -木木真木- 給 木木真木 發送悄悄話 木木真木 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/08/2012 postreply 05:40:53

地下室也不安全啊? -畫餅- 給 畫餅 發送悄悄話 畫餅 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/08/2012 postreply 11:55:14

大多數母親都會如此吧 -淑女司令- 給 淑女司令 發送悄悄話 淑女司令 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/08/2012 postreply 12:27:30

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
    請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
    選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
    選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”