It seems that you are at the brink of burn-out or depression

來源: ffppyy 2011-09-27 10:36:26 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1541 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ ffppyy ] 在 2011-09-28 07:21:10 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
回答: 想辭職去讀書了,是不是太冒險?suanliao2011-09-27 03:44:45

or both. If I undesstand it correctly, your disgust on yoru current job outweighs your desire to get a Ph.D. and do research and teaching. It is more that you want to escape rather than pursue a dream.

Talk to your spouse and see if you can afford to take a leave for 3 months or half a year. Long commute is indeed an issue. It can dramatically increase your dissatisfaction on your job. You mentioned that you could have a job with no difficulties if you can relocate to another place. There must be some reasons that prevent you from relocating. Re-consider them. See if it is actually a good idea to relocate. If you are the mother, I seriously suggest your hu*****and takes the longer commute while you take the shorter one, because with two kids, it usually requires a lot of more care and work from the mother than the father. I can't imagine how a mother can handle the job, the long commute and taking care of the kids together for a long time. You will get yourself burned out, which might get your into depression. 

ntking is right in saying that the acdemia is more competitive. You must fight constantly to get a position unless you are extrodinarily talented in your field. The pressure is high in getting tenure and funding. From what I know, many professors in non-science and non-engineering fields see shrinks regularly. Think hard if that is what you really want to do after you get your Ph.D. It requries higher commitment and higher devotation than in the industry.

所有跟帖: 

你說的全對,晚飯的時候和lg試探了下他對辭職讀書的看法 -suanliao- 給 suanliao 發送悄悄話 suanliao 的博客首頁 (799 bytes) () 09/27/2011 postreply 12:24:31

冷靜下來是對的. 慢慢等待合適的工作機會也是對的. -啥都缺尤其錢- 給 啥都缺尤其錢 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/27/2011 postreply 20:33:23

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”