you can easily drive to Cody once you start the trip

來源: lvtotravel 2006-11-10 22:36:15 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1352 bytes)
For flying to that area, no way one should fly to Cody - even if it has commuter plane services - the fare would be expensive and the flights very few, plus not very safe.

Here is what I would suggest - you can make several loops inside and outside park. In our trip one day we left park from the Northeast gate (Beartooth was still close in 2005, probably would be open in 2007), and took Chief Joseph Scenic Byway - by far this is the most scenic drive in the area althoug it is outside park - towards Cody and re-enter the park from the East gate in the evening.

We have been thru every gate of the park, West, East, North, Northeast during our 5 day trip (the last night was spent in Jacksonhole).

One word of caution - strongly suggest to buy optional insurance w/rental car because of potential weather damage. We did not buy it and we came accross hail storm when we spent a night just outside North gate at Gardiner. MT. The end result was, my credit card (MC) insurance paid $2282 repair estimate, we paid $350 loss of revenues and admin fee, not to mention a lot of headache - it could have been avoided by paying $16 a day x 5 days extra insurance.

Search my name you will find my post for this experience - it is quite a learning experience on HOW TO deal with this and eventually get the insurance settlement.

所有跟帖: 

keep in the mind the east entrance is open -moab- 給 moab 發送悄悄話 moab 的博客首頁 (175 bytes) () 11/11/2006 postreply 09:42:07

很重要,不想跟熊們度良宵:) -冬夢- 給 冬夢 發送悄悄話 冬夢 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 11/11/2006 postreply 12:51:48

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”