在一場船難中,唯一的生存者隨著潮水,漂流到了一座無人島上。
The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island.
他天天激動地祈禱神救他能夠早日離開此處,回到家鄉。他還每天注視著海上有否可搭救他的人,但卻是除了汪洋一片,什麽也沒有。
He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him, and every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming.
後來,他決定用那片帶他到小島的木頭造一個簡陋的小木屋以保護他在這險惡的環境中生存,並且保存他所有剩下的東西。
Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect him from the elements, and to store his few possessions.
但有一天,在他捕完食物後,準備回小屋時,突然發現他的小屋竟然陷在熊熊烈火之中,大火引起的濃煙不斷向天上竄。
But the none day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky.
最悲慘的是:他所有的一切東西,在這一瞬間,通通化為烏有了。悲痛的他,氣憤的對天呐喊著:“神啊!你怎幺可以這樣對待我!”頓時,眼淚從他的眼角中流出。
The worst had happened; everything was lost. He was stunned with grief and anger. "God, how could you do this to me!" he cried.
第二天一早,他被一艘正靠近小島的船隻的鳴笛聲所吵醒。是的,有人來救他了。
Early the next day, however, he was awakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the island. It had come to rescue him.
到了船上時,他問那些船員說:“你怎麽知道我在這裏?”
"How did you know I was here?" asked the weary man of his rescuers.
“因為我們看到了信號般的濃煙。”他們回答說。
"We saw your smoke signal," they replied.
人在碰到困難時,很容易會沮喪。不過,無論受到折磨或者痛苦,都不用因此失去信心,因為上帝一直在我們心裏麵做著奇妙的工作。
It is easy to get discouraged when things are going bad. But we shouldn't lose heart, because God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain and suffering.
記著:當下一次你的小木屋著火時,那可能隻是上帝美妙恩典的表征而已。
Remember, next time your little hut is burning to the ground it just may be a smoke signal that summons the grace of God.
在所有我們所認為負麵的事情,上帝都是有正麵答案的。
For all the negative things we have to say to ourselves, God has a positive answer.
你說:“那是不可能的。”
上帝說:“在人所不能的事,在神卻能。”
You say: "It's impossible"
God says: All things are possible
你說:“我累了。”
上帝說:“我讓你休息。”
You say: "I'm too tired."
God says: I will give you rest .
你說:“沒有人愛我。”
上帝說:“我愛你。”
You say: "Nobody really loves me"
God says: I love you
你說:“我做不下去了。”
上帝說:“我的恩典夠你支持下去。”
You say: "I can't go on."
God says: My grace is sufficient
你說:“我想不通。”
上帝說:“我引領你前行。”
You say: "I can't figure things out."
God says: I will direct your steps.
你說:“我做不到。”
上帝說:“你什麽都做得到。”
You say: "I can't do it."
God says: You can do all things .
你說:“我不配。”
上帝說:“你配。”
You say: "I'm not able."
God says: I am able .
你說:“這麽做不值得。”
上帝說:“做了,你馬上就會覺得值得了。”
You say: "It's not worth it."
God says: It will be worth it .
你說:“我無法原諒自己。”
上帝說:“我原諒你。”
You say: "I can't forgive myself."
God says: I Forgive you.
你說:“我是窮苦的。”
上帝說:“我供應你一切所需。”
You say: "I'm poor."
God says: I will supply all your needs.
你說:“我害怕。”
上帝說:“我並沒有給你一個恐懼的靈。”
You say: "I'm afraid."
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear .
你說:“我常常在擔憂、受挫。”
上帝說:“放下你的重擔,我為你承擔。”
You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated."
God says: Cast all your cares on ME.
你說:“我信心不足。”
上帝說:“我給了每個人相同的信心。”
You say: "I don't have enough faith."
God says: I've given everyone a measure of faith.
你說:“我不夠聰明。”
上帝說:“我給你智能。”
You say: "I'm not smart enough."
God says: I give you wisdom.
你說:“我是孤單的。”
上帝說:“我永遠不會舍棄你的。”
You say: "I feel all alone."
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you.