娃大概搞砸了校友麵試

來源: 2021-11-29 18:21:57 [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀:

跟一個月前的校友麵試一樣,又是吃飯的時候娃告訴我們他剛跟地區AO麵試。

看樣子娃或者是校友麵試搞砸了,但stats還ok,AO給個機會。又或是整個package on the edge,AO需要進一步看看。希望AO能交到投票委員會。

更新:網上查到下麵的說法,感覺有一定道理。

https://www.reddit.com/r/ApplyingToCollege/comments/dyuil6/harvard_rea_second_interview_w_ao/

Knowing that you are from Florida which is not an under represented state by any means, I would say that you have the stats To get into the school but there is some kind of concern that the admissions office has about you. There was a case book released by Harvard admissions as part of its affirmative action case last year. There were several applicants who were interviewed by admissions officers because they were being strongly considered but there was something unusual about their application. For instance, one of the recommendation writers for an applicant, unbeknownst to the applicant, mentioned that the applicants can be a little arrogant at times by holding onto their opinion. The admissions office Did further research into this matter. I personally know a kid who had a recommendation letter writer write something that could be construed negatively, such as that he was too focused on success, and the admissions office wanted to investigate that statement.

There are a few things that I would recommend you doing in this interview. First of all if you applied with an application theme, you should mention that theme when the admissions officer asks you to introduce yourself

Secondly, I would go through my application and try to figure out what it is the admissions office is going to think you are going to contribution to the school. For example, if you applied as a tennis player, a coach would be trying to suss out if you would be able to play on the varsity team. That coach would then report this to the admissions office. If you replied saying that you are heavily interested in model UN, is there anything In your application to show that you can compete at the Harvard level and be a major contributor to the model un team or were you just the best in your Hugh school but never won any awards for it? Find your competitive advantage and make sure it shows during the interview.

Lastly, Figure out if there is some kind of character flaw that is coming through in your application and then work to address that throughout the course of your interview in directly unless of course they ask you about it directly. Think about if your recommendation letter writers had anything negative to say about you.