Hallo from a novice

來源: 2015-03-11 07:40:58 [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀:

Hi all,
I can't type Chinese on my desktop. Sorry to torture you with my poor writing.

Please let me introduce myself first, I am a 35-year-old women, with 2 kids, one husband (^_^). I got my Ph.D years ago in engineering field. Yes, I am not kidding your, a Ph.D. with VERY poor English. The only place where I am comfortable with English is technical paper/report writing, probably because it is limited to formulaic sentences and technical terminologies.  

My previous job only needed me to 'talk' with the computer, and report my work to the boss. Thanks god, they understand me well! My current job, however, requires me  to frequently talk in front of many people, which scares and embarrasses me a lot. Instead of getting intimidated, I prefer to arm myself to fight with the current situation, because I really like my job and enjoy this challenge. 

With the urge to improve my English I find this forum. I've gone over many useful posts from 精華區 , and realized there were many activities held in this forum before. I also know there are many people here who are persistent in learning and practicing English. I really admire you, and wish I could become one of them in the future.  
If you have any good source/tip/material in improving English, please share with me.

Amy25