鄰居在Talbot's購物時遇到的事兒

來源: 2022-03-16 12:27:26 [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀:

這周我的鄰居去Talbot's 逛店為的是買褲子。 她以前體重138磅,穿12碼的褲子。由於生病,她減到了116磅,所以她選擇了10和8碼的牛仔褲,而沒有選擇12碼。一位女售貨員建議她需要穿6甚至4碼的,因為10和8碼會穿著不合身,顯大。因此,她決定試穿6碼的牛仔褲。令她驚訝的是,6碼非常適合她。她很高興,買了兩條6碼的。她向她的丈夫炫耀說她現在是6碼的身材了。然而,她卻對能穿6碼的褲子持懷疑態度。 回到家後,她拿出了3條以前穿的10碼牛仔褲,仔細地跟新買的6碼牛仔褲比較了腰圍。她發現新買的兩條6碼牛仔褲都和10碼腰身一樣。通過這次經曆,她認為自己被新的銷售噱頭給“愚弄”了。而且,她覺得Talbot's這樣對她,讓她感覺到愚蠢,甚至有點兒氣憤。

以下三點是我認為的:

1. 它被稱為虛榮尺碼。當女性覺得自己的體型較小時,她們會感覺比較好。

2. 不光是商店,每個製造商的尺寸都不同。不管生活中還是製造商讓我們覺得自己被愚弄後像個傻瓜,或是象個愚蠢的東西,但這就是生活。

3. 關注你的感受,而不是標簽上的虛假數字。我希望她感覺健康、堅強和快樂。

My neighbor shopped at Talbot's for pants this week. She used to weigh 138 lbs and wore size 12. Due to illness, she is down to 116 lbs, so she took size 10 and size 8 jeans instead of size 12. A saleswoman suggested that she needed to wear size 6 or even size 4 because the size 10 and 8 would swim on her. Therefore, she decided to try a size 6 jean. Well to her surprise, it fits her perfectly. She was delighted and bought two pairs of jeans in size 6. She even boasted to her husband that she was now a size 6; however, she was slightly skeptical about how this was possible. At home, she took 3 pairs of her jeans in size 10 and carefully compared the waist measurements. She realized that she newly purchased two jeans in size 6 were exactly matched those in size 10. As the result, she thought she had been“fooled”by a new sales gimmick. Moreover, she felt foolish and even a little angry that Talbot's would do that to her.

The following three points are my views on this thing:

1. It's called vanity sizing. It makes women feel better when they feel they are in a smaller size.

2. It's not the store. Every manufacturer's size runs different. Whether it's just life or something with manufacturer to make us feel like a fool or dumb. But it is just life.

3. Focus on how you feel, not the bogus number on the tag. I hope she is feeling healthy, strong and happy.

更多我的博客文章>>>