民以衣食為天- Korean 小館

來源: 2012-11-07 07:54:28 [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀:
Once again we had the fortune of our kids' company for dinner on Saturday. They had been making noises about seeing the movie "Wreck-It Ralph" since Friday, so the plan was to have dinner and then go see the movie. Then the perpetual question of where to go for dinner. I used seeing "Wreck-It Ralph" as a lever to make the kids agree to go for Japanese for dinner:-).

However, we changed course on the way to the restaurant out of concern for not having enough time to catch the 7:45pm movie we had in mind and decided to go to a Korean restaurant that's closer by.

This place used to be a Mexican fast food joint, and it changed hands probably a couple of years ago and became a Korean restaurant. That probably explains that the interior was not so Korean.

It's always a challenge eating out with the two kids, given their narrow spectrum of food choices. So it was a huge relief when my daughter nodded to my suggestion of a Korean style Ramen. Here was a picture of her order, not so appetizing at least to me, but she liked it.

Here was the usual parade of complimentary little dishes.

This is perhaps the part I like the most about Korean restaurants in general. The variety was not quite there yet with this one, though. My favorite among these were the green vegetables and the bean sprout.

I ordered a spicy soup or stew that looked scary but not really that spicy .

80% of the time my hu*****and would order Bulgogi whenever he's in a Korean restaurant, and this time it was no difference.

The Bulgogi was unfortunately poorly done. It was simply too dry and far from what we remembered from this place the last time we were here, and because of that, this was probably the last time this place would ever see us. The only bright spot about this dish was that it was, surprisingly, to my son's taste, and that offered another huge relief.

We got to the movie theater about 20 minutes prior, and we were disappointed to learn that the 7:45pm Wreck It Ralph had been sold out and the next one would not be until 9:50pm, which would be too late for the kids. Both kids started whining, and the boy crying, so we decided to go to another theater to see if we could catch a 9:00pm one. And we did.

Nighttime outside the theater.

By the time the movie was over, it was almost 11pm. Another ordinary Saturday yet with fond memories.

I felt obligated to add a footnote here for this particular Saturday. It was the day that marked the first time my little boy was riding on a 16 inch wheel bike!

To conclude, here is a green coat I wore recently. When I put it on, I had Uma Thurman in Paycheck in my mind but definitely were delusional, hahaha:-).

That's all for this time. Thanks for viewing.

請在這閱讀我的更多的博客文章

- The Reason Not To Get Married

- 我那像流水一樣逝去的年華。。

- 我的新歡最愛再加山寨Fleur Pellerin

- 來也匆匆,去也匆匆 - 上海篇