Katie Couric 2012 Commencement, 最後一部分

來源: 2012-12-21 07:53:13 [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀:

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

謝謝大家收聽. 感謝大家的鼓勵和幫助! 聖誕節快樂!

Finally, let me leave you all with some life lessons that I think have served me well through the years. Don't tolerate intolerance. Stick up for the little guy. Play fair. Help someone in need. Have good manners. Tip generously. Believe in yourself. Call your mother. Be skeptical, not cynical. Trashing other people often says more about you than it says about them. Have a purpose, have a higher purpose. Don’t give up, give back. Stay connected...and not just on Facebook. There is no substitute for real face time and seriously folks, step away from the iPhone!

One day when Jay was very sick he turned to me and said, "You know, nothing really matters except your friends and your family." It is the people in your lives and the love you share that will truly be the measure of your success.

On a very famous tombstone at Monticello you will find these words: "Here was buried Thomas Jefferson, author of the Declaration of American Independence, of the Statute of Virginia for Religious Freedom, and Father of the University of Virginia." Building this University was one of his proudest accomplishments. Graduating from it will always be one of yours...and mine.

This day was 33 years in the making for me…and I have to tell you it was well worth the wait. So let's leave on a positive noet, an up note. If you'll indulge me, please join in. I know we are signing it in its entirety at the end of the ceremony. But can we do the cheer at the end of the good old song together? All right, stand up, really. Please don't leave me hanging people. Ready?

Wahoo Wah Wahoo Wah Uni V Virginia

Hoo Ra Ray Hoo Ra Ray Hey Hey UVA!!!!

Thanks so much for inviting me here today and CONGRATULATIONS class of 2012!!!!