[活動] 2012 Christmas - 家庭聚會和其他

來源: 2012-12-26 08:12:13 [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀:

Albeit a cliche, time really flies. 2012 will soon be talked about in past tense. Looking back, we have had ups and downs, but all in all, it has been a terrific year for me and our family. And for that, I am thankful.

We had an extended family gathering at my brother-in-law's house for the holiday - three generations all at the same table!

My hu*****and suggested that we bring a home made dish. I settled on 烤年糕。This was once among my signature dishes, but I had not made it in at least 10 years! At my hu*****and's encouragement, I decided to give it a try.

All assembled and ready to go into the oven.

Now the finished product..

The recipe called for broiling for a few minutes at the end to give it a golden finish. I tasked my hu*****and to watch the changing in color, and he apparently did not pay as much attention to the walnut. It burned a little. Not so bad, though.

It was not as good as what I remembered in terms of appearance. However, it turned out to be a hit at the family party..I guess that's what counts ;-).

Most of the other dishes were ordered in. Here were some that were made by my parents-in-laws.

手作餃子

可樂雞趐 - 這是我婆婆的拿手好菜,也是我女兒愛吃的。。

東北涼粉 - I personally would have spiced it up more :-). 

It was good catching up with families, and the kids had a great time playing and adoring their younger cousins and had a hard time refraining themselves from taking a peek at all the presents until Christmas day :-).

What I wore to the gathering. We are definitely not a fancy family :-).

The sweater dress is a steal from Victoria's Secret. I simple love the burgundy color! The cuff is Tory Burch bought from NM on sale, also a good deal. Note the boots. Thanks again, Chinesebuns, for the pointer in my search for the boots.

2012 was also witness to another of my quest - buying a Celine mini luggage tote in a neutral color. It came to a successful ending just before the Christmas holiday. My sales associate at Saks came through and presented me with this gorgeous bag in dune. Here I tried it on without even waiting to get home first after having picked it up.

2012 was also the year I said bye to my old car and welcomed this new one.

To end, let me put on this tree to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy 2013!

Among the ornaments on the tree was this one hand made by my little boy as a gift to Mommy.

It came in this bag..

Happy holidays to you all!

請在這閱讀我的更多的博客文章

- 發現新川菜館

- 2012 Christmas- Notes To & From Santa