I tried one paragraph, there were a lot

本文內容已被 [ selfselfself ] 在 2010-06-14 19:37:05 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

PRES. BARACK OBAMA: I don't sit around just talking to experts because this is a college seminar. We talk to these folks because they potentially had the best answers so I know whose ass to kick, right? So, you know, this is not theater.

MR. GREGORY: So whose butt has he kicked since he gave that interview?

MR. AXELROD: Well, look, I think from the beginning we've made demands on BP. They have responded. Where they haven't responded, we've turned up the heat on them. Let me give you an example. They wanted to drill one relief well, which is ultimately the answer to, to shutting down that well completely. We said, "No, you're going to drill two," because if one didn't work we want to make sure there was a back, a backstop. We've asked for other redundancies in terms of, of what they're doing there. And understand, when the president says he's talking to experts, we've assembled under the, under the chairmanship of our secretary of energy a group of, of the best minds in an out of government, and they've been guiding a lot of what's happened a lot -- this effort to capture the oil is largely working better now because of theories that were developed by this outside group. And we forced BP to do the things that we felt were necessary just -- we now, we now -- Dr. Chu and his group have devised a plan to get more oil up and captured and, and it will require more boats. We've required them to bring more tankers in to take that oil up quickly. So we've been on them from the beginning, and we're going to stay on them and make sure that they're fully accountable and that they do everything that they're required to do.

sit around

this is not theatre: This is no drama, it's real

kick ass/butt

turn up the heat

in and out of (government):

on *****.
be on *****. (we've been on them....)
stay on *****. (we are going to stay on them....)

所有跟帖: 

That's ture~ -lilac09- 給 lilac09 發送悄悄話 lilac09 的博客首頁 (450 bytes) () 06/14/2010 postreply 17:08:14

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!