第一季第八集台詞+詞匯整理,方便大家跟讀。見內:

來源: 2023-12-27 07:29:11 [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀:

 

The One Where Nana Dies Twice

本節詞匯:

Dehydrated:脫水的

fluorescent lights:日光燈

be vague about :含糊不清的

beep in:打電話

mint:硬幣

homosexual:同性戀的

retainer:牙齒保持器

see with:同意

Payroll:n.(公司員工的)工資名單;(公司的)工資總支出

eternity:n.永恒;永生;不朽;(似乎)無窮無盡的一段時間

burgundy:n.勃艮第葡萄酒(產於法國東部的勃艮第地區,有紅葡萄酒和白葡萄酒);深紅色

day shoe:日用鞋

slimmer heel:細高跟

wear the hair up:紮頭發

spasm:n.痙攣;抽搐;(感情或反應)一陣陣發作,陣發

hearing disability:聽力殘疾;聽力障礙;聽覺缺陷

cracker:餅幹

honey-glazed ham:糖漿火腿

be critical of :挑剔

pick on=be critical of :挑剔

 

 

[Scene: Chandler's Office, Chandler is on a coffee break. Shelley enters.)

 

Shelley: Hey gorgeous, how's it going?

Chandler: Dehydrated Japanese noodles under fluorescent lights... does it get better than this?

日光燈下吃泡麵,還有比這更好的嗎

Dehydrated:脫水的

fluorescent lights:日光燈

Shelley: Question. You're not dating anybody, are you, because I met somebody who would be perfect for you.

問你個問題。你現在單身,對嗎。因為我知道有個人很適合你

Chandler: Ah, y'see, perfect might be a problem. Had you said 'co-dependent', or 'self-destructive'...

適合就是個問題。你要是說共同依賴或者自我毀滅的話。。。

Shelley: Do you want a date Saturday?

你周六要約會嗎

Chandler: Yes please.

Shelley: Okay. He's cute, he's funny, he's-

他很可愛

Chandler: He's a he?

是個男的?

Shelley: Well yeah! ...Oh God. I- just- I thought- Good, Shelley. I'm just gonna go flush myself down the toilet now...(backs out of the room) Okay, goodbye...

對啊,天啦,我以為,我現在要把我自己衝到廁所去

flush myself down the toilet :衝到廁所裏

Opening Credits

 

[Scene: Monica and Rachel's, everyone is there.)

 

Chandler: ...Couldn't enjoy a cup of noodles after that. I mean, is that ridiculous? Can you believe she actually thought that?

聽完那個之後就再也吃不下泡麵了。這難道不可笑嗎?你們敢相信他說的嗎

Rachel: Um... yeah. Well, I mean, when I first met you, y'know, I thought maybe, possibly, you might be...

我第一次看到你的時候,我以為你可能是

Chandler: You did?

Rachel: Yeah, but then you spent Phoebe's entire birthday party talking to my breasts, so then I figured maybe not.

但是菲比過生日的時候,你一整晚都盯著我的胸看,我就知道你也許不是

Chandler: Huh. Did, uh... any of the rest of you guys think that when you first met me?

你們其他人第一次看到我的時候也這麽認為嗎

Monica: I did.

我是這樣

Phoebe: Yeah, I think so, yeah.

我也是

Joey: Not me.

我不是

Ross: Nono, me neither. Although, uh, y'know, back in college, Susan Sallidor did.

我也沒有。但是大學的時候Susan是這麽認為的

Chandler: You're kidding! Did you tell her I wasn't?

你開什麽玩笑。你有告訴她我不是嗎?

Ross: No. No, it's just 'cause, uh, I kinda wanted to go out with her too, so I told her, actually, you were seeing Bernie Spellman... who also liked her, so...

我沒有,我當時也想跟她約會,所以我告訴她,你跟Bemie在約會,這個人也喜歡她

(Joey congratulates Ross, sees Chandler's look and abruptly stops.)

Chandler: Well, this is fascinating. So, uh, what is it about me?

我有什麽特征

Phoebe: I dunno, 'cause you're smart, you're funny...

不知道,因為你很聰明,又很風趣

Chandler: Ross is smart and funny, d'you ever think that about him?

Ross也是,你們為什麽不這麽認為呢

All: Yeah! Right!

Chandler: WHAT IS IT?!

Monica: Okay, I-I d'know, you-you just- you have a quality.

你有種氣質

All: Yes. Absolutely. A quality.

沒錯,氣質

Chandler: Oh, oh, a quality, good, because I was worried you guys were gonna be vague about this.

我還擔心你們看不出呢?

be vague about :含糊不清的

(Phone rings; Monica gets it)

Monica: Hello? Hello? Oh! Rachel, it's Paolo calling from Rome.

Rachel: Oh my God! Calling from Rome! (Takes phone) Bon giorno, caro mio.

Ross: (to Joey) So he's calling from Rome. I could do that. Just gotta go to Rome.

Rachel: Monica, your dad just beeped in, but can you make it quick? Talking to Rome. (Showing off to Phoebe and Chandler) I'm talking to Rome.

你爸爸打進來了,你可以快點嗎

beep in:打電話

Monica: Hey dad, what's up? (Listens) Oh God. Ross, it's Nana.

 

 

[Scene: The Hospital, Mr. and Mrs. Geller are there, along with Aunt Lillian. Ross and Monica enter and everyone says hi and kisses.)

 

Ross: So, uh, how's she doing?

 

Aunt Lillian: The doctor says it's a matter of hours.

醫生說就是這幾個小時的事情了

Monica: How-how are you, Mom?

Mrs. Geller: Me? I'm fine, fine. I'm glad you're here. ...What's with your hair?

很高興你在這裏。你的頭發怎麽了

Monica: What?

Mrs. Geller: What's different?

Monica: Nothing.

Mrs. Geller: Oh, maybe that's it.

(Monica strides over to Ross, who is making coffee, and talks to him aside.)

Monica: She is unbelievable, our mother is...

她太不可理喻了

Ross: Okay, relax, relax. We are gonna be here for a while, it looks like, and we still have boyfriends and your career to cover.

放鬆,隻需要在這裏待一會兒,我們等會兒還要談你的男朋友和你的工作呢

Monica: Oh God!

(They hug.)

[Cut to the hospital, later. Everyone is talking about Nana.]

Monica: The fuzzy little mints at the bottom of her purse.

她錢包裏發黴的硬幣

mint:硬幣

Ross: Oh! ...Yeah, they were gross. Oh, you know what I loved? Her Sweet 'n' Los. How she was always stealing them from- from restaurants.

太惡心了。你知道我最喜歡什麽嗎?她的代糖。她每次都從餐館偷代糖

Mr. Geller: Not just restaurants, from our house.

不僅僅是在餐館,還有我們家也是

(The nurse comes out of Nana's room.)

Nurse: Mrs. Geller?

(Everyone stands up. Cut to Ross and Monica in Nana's room.)

Ross: She looks so small.

她看起來真小

Monica: I know.

Ross: Well, at least she's with Pop-Pop and Aunt Phyllis now.

至少她現在有阿公和菲利斯阿姨陪伴

Monica: G'bye, Nana. (She kisses her on the forehead.)

Ross: Bye, Nana.

(He goes to kiss her but she moves. Monica screams. Ross shouts and stares in disbelief. Monica runs out of the room.)

 

Monica: Ross!

(Ross runs out too.)

Mrs. Geller: What is going on?!

Ross: Y'know how-how the nurse said that-that Nana had passed? Well, she's not, quite..

你知道剛才護士說奶奶去世了?實際上,並沒有完全

Mrs. Geller: What?

Ross: She's not- past, she's present, she's back.

她還活著,她又回來了

Aunt Lillian: (reentering) What's going on?

Mr. Geller: She may have died.

Aunt Lillian: She may have died?

Mr. Geller: We're looking into it.

我們正在調查

(Monica returns with the nurse and they go into Nana's room.)

Ross: I, uh, I'll go see. (He goes in)

Nurse: This almost never happens!

這從來都不會發生

(Nana passes for the second time and the nurse pulls the blanket over her. Ross and Monica go to tell the family)

Ross: Now she's passed.

 

 

[Scene: Central Perk, Chandler, Phoebe, Joey, and Rachel are there.]

 

Chandler: I just have to know, okay. Is it my hair?

我隻是想確定好嗎?這是我的頭發嗎

Rachel: (exasperated) Yes, Chandler, that's exactly what it is. It's your hair.

沒錯,這就是你的頭發

Phoebe: Yeah, you have homosexual hair.

你有同性戀的頭發

homosexual:同性戀的

(Monica and Ross enter.)

Rachel: So, um, did she...

Ross: Twice.

Joey: Twice?

Phoebe: Oh, that sucks!

這太糟糕了

Joey: You guys okay?

Ross: I dunno, it's weird. I mean, I know she's gone, but I just don't feel, uh...

我不知道,這太奇怪了。我知道她去世了,但是我卻沒有感覺到

Phoebe: Maybe that's 'cause she's not really gone.

也許是因為她沒有真正地離開

Ross: Nono, she's gone.

Monica: We checked. A lot.

我們檢查過了,很多次

Phoebe: Hm, I mean maybe no-one ever really goes. Ever since my mom died, every now and then, I get the feeling that she's like right here, y'know? (She circles her hand around her right shoulder. Chandler, sitting on her right, draws back nervously) Oh! And Debbie, my best friend from junior high- got struck by lightning on a miniature golf course- I always get this really strong Debbie vibe whenever I use one of those little yellow pencils, y'know? ...I miss her.

我的意思是沒有人會真正地離開。自從我媽媽死了之後,我不時地會覺得她就在這裏,噢,還有黛比,我高中最好的朋友,在打迷你高爾夫的時候被閃電擊中了。每次我用黃色鉛筆的時候,我就覺得自己黛比上身了。我想她

Rachel: Aw. Hey, Pheebs, want this? (Gives her a pencil)

Phoebe: Thanks!

Rachel: Sure. I just sharpened her this morning.

我今天早上剛剛削好的

Joey: Now, see, I don't believe any of that. I think once you're dead, you're dead! You're gone! You're worm food! (realises his tactlessness) ...So Chandler looks gay, huh?

我不相信這些。我覺得一旦你死了,你就死了,你就不在這裏了,就會成為蟲子的食物。所以錢德勒看起來像個同性戀哈

Phoebe: Y'know, I dunno who this is, but it's not Debbie. (Hands back the pencil)

我不知道這是誰,但是這不是黛比

 

[Scene: Nana's house, Ross, Mrs. Geller and Aunt Lillian are going through clothes.]

 

Ross: I thought it was gonna be a closed casket.

我以為會把奶奶放在封閉的棺材裏麵

casket:n.(裝珠寶等貴重物品的)精致小盒,裝飾精美的小箱

Mrs. Geller: Well, that doesn't mean she can't look nice!

這並不表示她不能穿的好看點

(They open a cupboard which, amongst other things, contains a chest of drawers)

Mrs. Geller: Sweetie, you think you can get in there?

甜心,你覺得你能進去嗎

Ross: (sarcastic) I don't see why not.

為什麽不行呢

(He tries pushing against the chest of drawers. Then he opens one of the drawers and climbs into the closet using that; he falls behind the chest of drawers with a shout.)

Ross: Here's my retainer!

這是我的牙齒保持器

retainer:牙齒保持器

 

[Scene: Monica and Rachel's, Monica is talking to her father.]

 

Mr. Geller: I was just thinking. When my time comes-

我隻是在想,等我的時間到了

Monica: Dad!

Mr. Geller: Listen to me! When my time comes, I wanna be buried at sea.

聽我說,等我的時間到了,我想海葬

Monica: You what?

你要幹什麽

Mr. Geller: I wanna be buried at sea, it looks like fun.

我要海葬,因為看起來挺搞笑的

Monica: Define fun.

解釋一下怎麽搞笑的

Mr. Geller: C'mon, you'll make a day of it! You'll rent a boat, pack a lunch...

拜托,你們要在海上度過一天。你們會租條小船,準備午飯

Monica: ...And then we throw your body in the water... Gee, that does sound fun.

然後我們把你的骨灰撒到海水裏,這的確聽起來挺有趣的

Mr. Geller: Everyone thinks they know me. Everyone says 'Jack Geller, so predictable'. Maybe after I'm gone, they'll say 'Buried at sea! Huh!'.

每個人都覺得很了解我。每個人都說傑克總是一成不變。也許當我死了後,他們會說,哇居然海葬了

predictable:adj.可預見的;可預料的;意料之中的;老套乏味的

Monica: That's probably what they'll say.

可能他們會這麽說吧

Mr. Geller: I'd like that.

我喜歡那個

 

[Scene: Chandler's Office, Shelley is drinking coffee; Chandler enters.]

 

Chandler: Hey, gorgeous.

嘿,美女

Shelley: (sheepish) Hey. Look, I'm sorry about yesterday, I, um-

昨天真對不起

Chandler: No, nono, don't- don't worry about it. Believe me, apparently other people have made the same mistake.

沒事,別擔心。相信我,很顯然其他人也犯了同樣的錯誤

Shelley: Oh! Okay! Phew!

Chandler: So, uh... what do you think it is about me?

你覺得我怎麽樣

Shelley: I dunno, uh... you just have a-a...

Chandler: ...Quality, right, great.

氣質?好吧

Shelley: Y'know, it's a shame, because you and Lowell would've made a great couple.

真可惜。因為你和羅爾本來很登對

Chandler: Lowell? Financial Services' Lowell, that's who you saw me with?

羅爾?金融部門的羅爾?這就是你要給我找的對象

see with:同意

Shelley: What? He's cute!

他挺可愛的啊

Chandler: Well, yeah... 's'no Brian in Payroll.

不是薪資部門的布萊恩嗎?

Payroll:n.(公司員工的)工資名單;(公司的)工資總支出

Shelley: Is Brian...?

Chandler: No! Uh, I d'know! The point is, if you were gonna set me up with someone, I'd like to think you'd set me up with someone like him.

重點是,如果你要給我找對象的話,我以為你會找他那樣的人

Shelley: Well, I think Brian's a little out of your league.

我覺得你有點配不上布萊恩

Chandler: Excuse me? You don't think I could get a Brian? Because I could get a Brian. Believe you me. ...I'm really not.

對不起?你覺得我配不上他?因為我能搞定布萊恩。相信我,我真的配不上

 

[Scene: Nana's Bedroom, Ross is holding a dress out from inside the closet.]

 

Ross: (holding a dress out from inside the closet) This one?

這個嗎

Aunt Lillian: No.

Ross: I have shown you everything we have. Unless you want your mother to spend eternity in a lemon yellow pant-suit, go with the burgundy.

我已經給你們看了所有的東西了,除非你想你們的媽媽一輩子都穿著那條檸檬黃長褲和紫紅色的上衣

eternity:n.永恒;永生;不朽;(似乎)無窮無盡的一段時間

burgundy:n.勃艮第葡萄酒(產於法國東部的勃艮第地區,有紅葡萄酒和白葡萄酒);深紅色

Aunt Lillian: You know, whatever we pick, she would've told us it's the wrong one.

不管我們選什麽,她都會說這是錯的

Mrs. Geller: You're right. We'll go with the burgundy.

你說的沒錯,我們還是選紫紅色吧

Ross: Oh! A fine choice. I'm coming out. (Starts to climb over the furniture)

挺好的主意,我要出來了

Aunt Lillian: Wait! We need shoes!

(Ross falls back inside)

Ross: Okay. Um, how about these? (Holds out a pair)

這雙怎麽樣

Mrs. Geller: That's really a day shoe.

這是一雙日用鞋

day shoe:日用鞋

Ross: And where she's going everyone else'll be dressier?

她要去的地方穿的都很考究嗎

Aunt Lillian: Could we see something in a slimmer heel?

我們能不能看看細高跟的鞋子

slimmer heel:細高跟

Ross: (forages around) Okay, I have nothing in an evening shoe in the burgundy. I can show you something in a silver that may work.

沒有紫紅色的晚會鞋子,我可以給你們看雙銀色的,也許還不錯

Aunt Lillian: No, it really should be burgundy.

真的要穿紫紅色的

Mrs. Geller: Mm. Unless we go with a different dress?

除非我們穿其他的衣服

Ross: No! Nonono, wait a sec. I may have something in the back.

等下,也許後麵還有東西

(He finds a shoebox (out of shot), pulls it down and opens it. It is full of Sweet 'n' Lo's.)

Ross: Oh my God..

Mrs. Geller: Is everything all right, dear?

Ross: Yeah, just... just Nana stuff.

(He reaches up higher and knocks down another shoebox lid. Sweet 'n' Lo's rain down on him)

 

Commercial Break

 

[Scene: Monica and Rachel's, Monica and Rachel are preparing to leave for the funeral.]

 

Ross: (entering) How we doing, you guys ready?

Monica: Mom already called this morning to remind me not to wear my hair up. Did you know my ears are not my best feature?

媽媽今早打電話提醒我不要把頭發紮起來,你知道我的耳朵不是最好看的部位嗎

wear the hair up:紮頭發

Ross: Some days it's all I can think about.

有時候我是這麽認為的

Phoebe: (entering) Hi, sorry I'm late, I couldn't find my bearings.

不好意思,我遲到了,我找不到我的耳圈了

Rachel: Oh, you-you mean your earrings?

你是說你的耳環嗎

Phoebe: What'd I say?

我剛說了什麽

Rachel: (sticking her foot out) Hm-m.

Monica: Are these the shoes?

Rachel: Yes. Paolo sent them from Italy.

保羅從意大利寄過來的

Ross: What, we-uh- we don't have shoes here, or...?

我們這裏沒有賣鞋子的嗎

Joey: (entering with Chandler) Morning. We ready to go?

Chandler: Well, don't we look nice all dressed up?...It's stuff like that, isn't it?

我們裝扮後看起來都還不錯,難道不是這樣嗎

(They all leave.)

 

 

[Scene: The cemetary, after the funeral.]

 

Monica: It was a really beautiful service.

Mrs. Geller: It really was. Oh, c'mere, sweetheart. (Hugs her) Y'know, I think it might be time for you to start using night cream.

我覺得你現在該用晚霜了

(Joey listens to his overcoat for a second and sighs, then notices Chandler watching)

Joey: What?

Chandler: Nothing, just your overcoat sounds remarkably like Brent Mussberger.

隻是你的大衣聽起來很像是 Brent Mussberger

Joey: Check it out, Giants-Cowboys. (He has a pocket TV)

你看,牛仔男孩

Chandler: You're watching a football game at a funeral?

你在葬禮上看足球比賽

Joey: No, it's the pre-game. I'm gonna watch it at the reception.

不是,這是預熱賽。我要在追悼會上看

Chandler: You are a frightening, frightening man.

你太可怕了

(Rachel steps in a patch of mud)

Rachel: Oh no! My new Paolo shoes!

保羅新給我買的鞋子

Ross: Oh, I hope they're not ruined.

我希望不會弄壞

Phoebe: God, what a great day. ...What? Weather-wise!

真好啊。。。我是說天氣

Ross: I know, uh, the air, the-the trees... even though Nana's gone there's, there's something almost, uh- I dunno, almost life-aff- (Not looking where he is going he falls into an open grave)

我知道。空氣、樹木,奶奶去的地方也是,有一些東西。。。。我不知道,就像是生命。。。

All: God! Ross!

Ross: I'm fine. Just-just... having my worst fear realised...

隻是我最擔心的事情發生了

 

[Scene: The Wake, at the Gellers' house. Ross is lying on his back, with Phoebe squatting over him, checking to see if he's injured.]

 

Phoebe: Okay, don't worry, I'm just checking to see if the muscle's in spasm...huh.

不要擔心,我看下你抽筋沒

spasm:n.痙攣;抽搐;(感情或反應)一陣陣發作,陣發

Ross: What, what is it?

Phoebe: You missed a belt loop.

你的皮帶穿孔掉了一個

Ross: Oh! No-n-

Phoebe: Okay, it's in spasm.

現在抽筋了

Mrs. Geller: Here, sweetie, here. I took these when I had my golfing accident. (Hands Ross a bottle of pills. Then turns to Monica and pats her hair over her ears)

來我這裏,親愛的。我上次打高爾夫受傷的時候就用的這個

(Cut to Chandler and a woman, Andrea, reaching for the same slice of meat)

Chandler: Oh, no-

Andrea: Sorry- Hi, I'm Dorothy's daughter.

不好意思,我是桃樂絲的女兒

Chandler: Hi, I'm Chandler, and I have no idea who Dorothy is.

我是錢德勒,我不知道桃樂絲是誰

(They shake hands. Cut to Ross emerging from a hallway, grinning inanely. He is obviously very stoned)

Phoebe: Hey, look who's up! How do you feel?

Ross: I feel great. I feel- great, I fleel great.

Monica: Wow, those pills really worked, huh?

這些藥起作用了

Ross: Not the first two, but the second two- woooo! ...I love you guys. You guys are the greatest. I love my sister (Kisses Monica), I love Pheebs... (Hugs her)

不是前兩片,是後麵兩片。我愛你們,你們這些人真好,我愛我的妹妹,我愛菲比

Phoebe: Ooh! That's so nice...

Ross: ...Chandler!

Chandler: Hey.

Ross: (hugs him) And listen, man, if you wanna be gay, be gay. Doesn't matter to me.

如果你想當同性戀的話,就當吧。沒關係的

Andrea: (turns to a friend) You were right. (They walk off and leave Chandler.)

Ross: Rachel. Rachel Rachel. (Sits down beside her) I love you the most.

Rachel: (humouring him) Oh, well you know who I love the most?

你知道我最喜歡你什麽嗎

Ross: No.

Rachel: You!

Ross: Oh.. you don't get it! (Passes out and slumps across her)

你不明白

(Cut to Joey watching TV in the corner. He makes an extravagant gesture of disappointment.)

Mr. Geller: Whaddya got there?

Joey: (hides the TV, but he still has an earphone) Just a, uh... hearing disability.

隻是聽力不太好

hearing disability:聽力殘疾;聽力障礙;聽覺缺陷

Mr. Geller: What's the score?

比分多少

Joey: Seventeen-fourteen Giants... three minutes to go in the third.

Mr. Geller: Beautiful! (Turns to watch with him)

(Time lapse. A large crowd of men are now watching the game)

Rachel: (still trapped under Ross) Pheebs, could you maybe hand me a cracker?

你可以給我遞塊餅幹嗎

cracker:餅幹

Mrs. Geller: (to Monica) Your grandmother would have hated this.

你奶奶會討厭這個的

Monica: Well, sure, what with it being her funeral and all.

當然這是她的葬禮

Mrs. Geller: No, I'd be hearing about 'Why didn't I get the honey-glazed ham?', I didn't spend enough on flowers, and if I spent more she'd be saying 'Why are you wasting your money? I don't need flowers, I'm dead'.

不是,我是說我會聽到:為什麽沒有糖漿火腿?我沒有買很多花,如果我花了很多錢的話,她就會說你為什麽要浪費錢,我不需要花,我已經死了

honey-glazed ham:糖漿火腿

Monica: That sounds like Nana.

Mrs. Geller: Do you know what it's like to grow up with someone who is critical of every single thing you say?

你知道跟著一個對你說的每一句話都很挑剔的人長大是什麽樣子嗎

be critical of :挑剔

Monica: ...I can imagine.

可以想象

Mrs. Geller: I'm telling you, it's a wonder your mother turned out to be the positive, life-affirming person that she is.

我告訴你,你的媽媽能長成一個樂觀向上的人真是個奇跡

Monica: That is a wonder. So tell me something, Mom. If you had to do it all over again, I mean, if she was here right now, would you tell her?

是一個奇跡。我告訴你,如果要是重來一次,我的意思是說,如果他在這裏,你會告訴她嗎

Mrs. Geller: Tell her what?

告訴他什麽

Monica: How she drove you crazy, picking on every little detail, like your hair... for example.

他如何讓你抓狂的,對你的每一個細節都很挑剔,比如說你的頭發之類的

pick on=be critical of :挑剔

Mrs. Geller: I'm not sure I know what you're getting at.

我不確定我是否理解了你的意思

Monica: Do you think things would have been better if you'd just told her the truth?

你覺得如果你告訴她真相的話,事情會變得更好嗎

Mrs. Geller: ...No. I think some things are better left unsaid. I think it's nicer when people just get along.

我覺得有些事情還是不說比較好。我覺得這樣人們相處的會更好

Monica: Huh.

Mrs. Geller: More wine, dear?

Monica: Oh, I think so.

Mrs. Geller: (reaches out to fiddle with Monica's hair again, and realises) Those earrings look really lovely on you.

這些耳環看起來很好看

Monica: Thank you. They're yours.

這是你的

Mrs. Geller: Actually they were Nana's.

實際上這是奶奶的

(There is a cry of disappointment from the crowd of men.)

Mr. Geller: Now I'm depressed! ...(To everyone) Even more than I was.

現在我很傷心,比剛才還要傷心

 

[Scene: Central Perk, the gang are looking at old photos.]

 

Rachel: Hey, who's this little naked guy?

這個小裸男是誰

Ross: That little naked guy would be me.

是我

Rachel: Aww, look at the little thing.

看看這個小東西

Ross: Yes, yes, fine, that is my penis. Can we be grown-ups now?

沒錯,是我的小弟弟。我們可以成年人一點嗎

Chandler: Who are those people?

Ross: Got me.

難倒我了

Monica: Oh, that's Nana, right there in the middle. (Reads the back) 'Me and the gang at Java Joe's'.

這是奶奶,右邊中間,我和一行人攝於爪哇喬家

Rachel: Wow, Monica, you look just like your grandmother. How old was she there?

你看起來像你的奶奶,她當時多少歲

Monica: Let's see, 1939... yeah, 24, 25?

Ross: Looks like a fun gang. (They all look at each other and smile)

看起來玩得很開心

Joey: Ooh, look-look-look-look-look! I got Monica naked!

Ross: (looking) Nono, that would be me again. I'm, uh, just trying something.

這還是我,我隻是在嚐試一些東西

 

Closing Credits

 

[Scene: Chandler's Office, Chandler is on a coffee break as Lowell enters.]

 

Chandler: Hey, Lowell.

Lowell: Hey, Chandler.

Chandler: So how's it going there in Financial Services?

金融服務部門怎麽樣

Lowell: It's like Mardi Gras without the paper mache heads. How 'bout you?

就像齋月前沒有紙頭(簡直一團亂)你呢

Chandler: Good, good. Listen, heh, I dunno what Shelley told you about me, but, uh... I'm not.

我不知道雪梨有沒有跟你說過,但是我不是

Lowell: I know. That's what I told her.

我知道,我也這麽跟他說的

Chandler: Really.

Lowell: Yeah.

Chandler: So- you can tell?

你可以區分

Lowell: Pretty much, most of the time. We have a kind of... radar.

對,同性戀之間有雷達

Chandler: So you don't think I have a, a quality?

你沒有覺得我有某種品質

Lowell: Speaking for my people, I'd have to say no. By the way, your friend Brian from Payroll, he is.

代表男同誌發言,我得說沒有。還有你的朋友布萊恩他是個同性戀

Chandler: He is?

Lowell: Yup, and waaay out of your league. (Exits)

而且你完全配不上

Chandler: Out of my league. I could get a Brian. (Brian enters behind him) If I wanted to get a Brian, I could get a Brian. (Sees him) Hey, Brian.

我配不上???我可以搞定布萊恩。如果我想要搞定布萊恩的話,我就可以。你好,布萊恩