my fellow Americans? My fellow students?

來源: TJKCB 2023-04-07 15:20:48 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1569 bytes)

My fellow students, means classmates, or just alumni - the same school, same year, same classroom? specific?

The term "fellow students" generally refers to classmates who are enrolled in the same school at the same time, regardless of whether they were in the same classroom or not. It does not necessarily imply that they were in the same classroom, but rather that they attended the same institution during the same academic year. However, the context in which the term is used can sometimes make it more specific or narrow in scope, depending on the speaker's intent.

Versus: 

my fellow americans?

The term "my fellow Americans" is a more specific and narrow term that refers to individuals who hold American citizenship. It is often used by politicians or public figures to address the American public as a whole, or to create a sense of shared identity or community among the citizens of the United States.

The phrase "my fellow Americans" can also be used in a more personal context, such as in a speech or conversation among friends or acquaintances who are American citizens. In this context, the phrase may be used to emphasize a sense of unity or shared experience among the group.

Overall, the term "my fellow Americans" is a more specific and narrow term than "fellow students," as it refers specifically to individuals who are citizens of the United States.

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”