位列第二的弟弟/大弟弟/哥哥," which were translated to ?

來源: TJKCB 2022-11-03 12:05:54 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1352 bytes)

I have always been confused about calling "位列第二的弟弟/大弟弟/哥哥," which were translated to [Second brother/eldest brother/older brother]. Anyone has a better way to differentiate them?  

You can refer to two brothers as "younger" and "older", or as "the little brother" and "the big brother". "Elder" is acceptable but a little out-of-date. When you say "little" and "big" you are referring to age and not height or weight.Jun 4, 2014
== Is it little brother or younger brother?
When you say 'younger brother' the listener will understand that he is younger than you. When you say 'little brother' you are implying that your brother is not only younger than you but he is a little boy. He is John, my younger brother.
== What is another way to say brother?
homeboy
bro.
brother.
buddy.
fellow gang member.
homie.
neighbor.
== What's the meaning of youngest brother?
One's younger male sibling.
== Synonyms for Younger brother · kid brother · little bro · little brother · baby brother · baby bro · youngest brother · young brother · younger sibling.

所有跟帖: 

second older brother 二哥 -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 11/03/2022 postreply 12:34:11

被繞暈了。感覺英語在這方麵不像中文表達那麽細。就像中文有奶奶和外婆,英語隻有grandma. -天邊一片白雲- 給 天邊一片白雲 發送悄悄話 天邊一片白雲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 11/03/2022 postreply 16:27:40

You got my point! -TJKCB- 給 TJKCB 發送悄悄話 TJKCB 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 11/03/2022 postreply 20:52:09

能不能說就說 second brother? -jianchi9090- 給 jianchi9090 發送悄悄話 jianchi9090 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 11/04/2022 postreply 17:36:12

加跟帖:

• 標題:
  • 內容(可選項): [所見即所得|預覽模式] [HTML源代碼] [如何上傳圖片] [怎樣發視頻] [如何貼音樂]